LikeMind Seven Hills and Penrith, run by Uniting, provides free and confidential integrated services for adults experiencing mental health concerns, as well as their families and carers. LikeMind utilises this service hub to offers pathways to integrated mental health care by working alongside co-located general and specialist care options including care coordination and support. The program uses a consumer-driven recovery model to work together with consumers to address their mental health needs.
- Social Worker or Psychologist or Reg Nurse or Occupational Therapist
- $62,500 +Super +Salary packaging benefits
- Penrith close to the station
The Intake and Assessment Clinician position provides triage, assessment, collaborative care planning and care coordination with the aim of improving an individual’s mental health, physical health, and overall wellbeing, as well as providing opportunities for education and employment.
Duties & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To provide primary mental health support to consumers by establishing links with key stakeholders, clinical pathways, community organisations and utilization of existing partnerships to provide holistic care.
- Provide triage and assessment to consumers accessing support via LikeMind using a holistic biopsychosocial approach
- To provide care co-ordination to consumers to assist them in achieving the goals and action outlined in their care/management plan
- To provide short term intervention using Best Practice Models for consumers of LikeMind, in a one-to-one or group setting
- Approved tertiary qualifications in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work with full registration with AHPRA or eligible for membership with the AASW.
- Demonstrated experience of clinical practice within the mental health field (includes clinical placements and relevant volunteer work such as Lifeline).
- Demonstrated ability to provide triage and assessment of individuals with preference for assessment skills in a mental health setting.
- Demonstrated ability to provide evidence-based clinical practice
- Willingness to collaboratively plan and coordinate a comprehensive bio-psycho-social approach and interventions to meet the needs of consumers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and to contribute to a culture of hope, optimism and recovery for adult consumers and their families/ significant others.
- Willingness to exercise clinical judgment on routine matters in consultation with management and their support as required.
- Ability and willingness to maintain documentation of clinical care and actively contribute to clinical review processes and planning for consumers within a recovery framework.
- Experience working in a strengths-based recovery framework.
- Experience working in an NGO and/or in mental health setting.
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Position criteria.
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging entitlements
- Ongoing training & development, including cultural awareness training
- Career development opportunities
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.