Provide high quality mental health intake, assessment, triage and referral for people seeking mental health supports
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About the Role:
- Full Time & Part Time, Permanent positions available
- CSD Level 3 From $77,655 – $83,569 per annum pro rata + Super + Salary packaging
- Location: Logan, Brisbane South
Head to Health Phone and Digital Intake Service (HtH PDIS), is funded by Brisbane South PHN and co-located with MH Call (Metro South Health). The HtH PDIS provides a central intake service that will connect people to the most appropriate services that meet their identified needs. This may include a referral to a Head to Health centre or satellite, other available local PHN-commissioned services, jurisdictional services, online or private services.
The Intake and Assessment Workers will form part of a multidisciplinary mental health team, delivering high quality mental health intake, assessment and referral services for individuals in the region who experience mental health issues and are seeking support. The Intake and Assessment Workers will provide the intake function; receiving initial referrals, undertaking eligibility screening and reviewing referrals to ensure the right level of care is provided.
- Act as a central point for people to speak to someone about mental health issues and receive information and advice about accessing mental health and AOD services
- Receive and action incoming referrals via a dedicated 1800 telephone line, fax and email and a number of online portals
- Provide holistic assessment of needs using the Commonwealth’s Initial Assessment and Referral (IAR) tool
- Conduct evaluation of referrals for eligibility and urgency; and case prioritisation
- Review referrals requiring clinical evaluation and if appropriate allocate consumers for clinical assessment to Clinical Lead
What will you bring to the role?
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of mental health assessment and supporting consumers with presenting mental health concerns
- Experience working with client information systems, maintaining accurate documentation and data collection
- Demonstrates integrity and credibility, and fosters open honest communication
- Demonstrates commitment to the organisation and its values
- Adapts to the team and contributes to a positive team dynamic
- Working with Children checks (are required before commencement of work – Blue Card -employee responsibility)
- Australian Working Rights
- Current Australian Drivers licence
- Police check
- Compliant with Queensland Health and Metro South Health’s workplace health and safety requirements, including Requirements for Workers in Healthcare Settings
- Neami National will require, as part of our condition of employment, that all candidates applying for any position must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide evidence of this.
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description.
If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Lisa White, Service Manager: [email protected]
We celebrate multidisciplinary teams and value the rich skills and experiences brought by applicants from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.