- Full Time Fixed Term Contract
- South Hedland WA
- Pilbara Remote Benefits Arrangement
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We’re generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
In partnership with police and child protection this position will triage domestic violence incident reports in order to identify and support victims and children at high risk. The role will provide assessment, information, referral, and case coordination including safety planning to promote the safety, stability and wellbeing of vulnerable victims and children,
Your Key Responsibilities
- Respond to referrals from WA Police in a coordinated way with Police and Child Protective Services and ensure that all documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Conduct risk assessments and safety planning using the Common Risk Assessment and Risk Management Framework to determine risks
- Participate in a range of interagency meetings, steering committees, and other forums in order to share information and best practice and highlight the needs of families in the community
- Adhere to all relevant internal and external policy and procedures, statutory and contractual requirements including client confidentiality, duty of care and OHS
- Develop quality relationships with a range of key stakeholders and partners including community organisations and other health professionals to allow for the effective provision of support and information to clients
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated work experience working within the Family and Domestic Violence sector
- An strong understanding of Domestic and Family Violence sector, including current legislation and the WA Strategic Plan for Family and Domestic Violence, Child Protection, and the requirements of the Children, Young Persons and Their Families Act, and other key legislative reforms
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and working therapeutically with woman and children in a variety of settings including refuges
- Exceptional time management & organisational skills
- Ability to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccinations
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check.
In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Accesspay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Volunteering opportunities
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email [email protected]
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information on the role, feel free to view the Position Description here: PD Coordinated Response – Non-People Leader (003) (1).pdf
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Don’t miss this opportunity. Applications are being processed as received.
Exciting things are happening here – Apply Now!