- Support and contribute to the MHDAS transformation and reform agenda
- Lead and grow the Lived Experience Discipline within our expanding service
- Permanent Part Time – 64 hours per fortnight (Approx $102k pa full time salary + superannuation + salary packaging)
About the facility
Barwon Health’s Mental health, Drugs and Alcohol Services (MHDAS) provides integrated and recovery orientated mental health and drug and alcohol assessment, treatment, harm reduction and community and family support to people of all ages within the Barwon Region currently experiencing, or at risk of experiencing mental health and/or drug and alcohol issues. Our service is internationally recognised for its innovative clinical programs and integrated models of practice that are consumer centred, accessible and family inclusive. We are fortunate to enjoy excellent internal relationships and have developed excellent partnerships with local community that provide for seamless integrated care for our clients.
About the Role
As the successful candidate and a member of the MHDAS Executive Team, you will;
- Support the Executive in ensuring the Lived Experience (LE) perspective is embedded in priority setting, formative discussion and decision-making.
- Oversee the development and implementation of LE professional standards inclusive of those linked to:
- The diversity of LE roles
- Organisational readiness to integrate and maximise the contribution of the LE workforce
- Service design and development including co-design and consultation processes.
- Coordinate and oversee further development of the LE Peer Work Program Framework ensuring that:
- Peer work is delivered in accordance with emerging practice evidence and contributes to improved experience and outcomes for consumers, carers and communities.
- The Peer Workforce is well supported and supervised and has access to appropriate and ongoing professional development from the point of recruitment.
- Proactively contribute to MHDAS mid and long term strategy, planning and service development in ways that reflect the state’s reform agenda and emphasis on the centrality of the consumer and the important people in their lives and the contribution of LE leadership to change.
About the culture
You will be working within an innovative, passionate multidisciplinary team who are a wealth of knowledge. You will receive support and guidance from team members and management who work within the Barwon Health values- respect, compassion, commitment, accountability and innovation.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Relocation assistance & packages available
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional Development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Applicants for this role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and Influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.