About Relationships Australia Northern Territory:
Relationships Australia Northern Territory (RA-NT) is a community-based, not-for-profit, non-government organisation providing a broad range of services, which are for all members of the community regardless of religion, belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background or economic circumstances.
We believe Relationships Matter and respectful relationships can empower people to belong, connect and have meaning and confidence to meet the challenges of our time.
About the role:
The primary functions of the Manager of Counselling are to provide leadership, supervision and operational support in the Family and Relationship Services program area.
The small team of counsellors specialise in working with individuals, couples, families, and children, focusing on all kinds of relationships within a very diverse population. The counsellors embrace a wide variety of modalities, however, adhere to a common set of values, practice standards and compliances that ground the work.
For this role, you will value intelligent work practices, honesty, integrity, and being a part of something bigger. With a long and reputable history of service delivery, we are excited to continue to build on our future in the Northern Territory. We have offices in Darwin, Katherine, and Alice Springs. Your role is based in Darwin, but you will lead a counselling team across the programs’ service delivery footprint. Occasional travel is therefore required as part of supporting the counselling team.
As a clinical leader, it is essential to have experience in the provision of couples and family counselling, clinical supervision of counsellors, an understanding of risk management, demonstrated understanding of the social and gendered context of family violence, and an ability to build on and inspire a great team.
At Relationships Australia NT we are constantly evolving, the needs and expectations of the business and our team are too. We work hard and expect our best. We believe in supporting each other however we can. So, if you are looking to be challenged, learn new skills, share your own; then we are happy to work alongside you and assist you to achieve what matters.
What We Offer:
We provide a positive work culture and a diverse and inclusive environment. Our people matter to us, and we are committed to supporting them and their wellbeing. We play an active role in the professional development of our staff.
- Competitive Salary + 10.5% Super + Salary Sacrifice (up to $15,899 for tax free benefits and $2,650 p/a for entertainment benefits)
- Generous Professional Development of $3000 and 10 days study leave pro rata per year
- 5 weeks annual leave with leave loading
- + 3 days extra leave between Christmas and New Year
- EAP for employees and family
- Relocation assistance
- Wellbeing Allowance
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or equivalent
- ‘Eligibility’ for APS, AASW or other equivalent counsellor/therapist professional membership.
- Experience in therapeutic /counselling work with couples and families, group work and trauma informed practice.
- Experience and training in clinical supervision of counsellors
- Demonstrated experience in the management of staff
- Proven leadership and team development skills
- Experience in delivering quality customer service to a diverse range of people, including but not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, LGBTIQ+ and people with disabilities.
- Ability to undertake professional and community liaison work and network with service providers and government agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the programs and organisation externally.
- Able to use technology competently (including Microsoft office programs and client databases).
How to apply:
- To apply please submit a Cover Letter addressing selection criteria (no longer than 1 page) and an up-to-date Resume including two Referees.
- Applications will be processed as received and successful candidates may be notified earlier.
- To discuss this position further please contact Belinda Emmerson-Whyte on 08 8923 4999.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.