- SCHADS Award Level 5 – $94,481 trp (including salary $84,854)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position based in Darwin (till 30 June 2023) with travel to remote communities
- Relocation assistance offered
Great opportunity, in a well-established and structured program, using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in this newly created position!
At CatholicCare NT, we’ve empowered individuals, couples, families and children at 20 locations across the Territory and the APY Lands for the last 25 years. Our not-for-profit organisation has grown to over 250 team staff delivering important community programs and services such as counselling, housing, mental health and domestic violence support.
Based in Darwin, with outreach to Wadeye, Tiwi Islands and the Darwin Correctional Facility the Men’s Behaviour Change Program (MBCP) is open to all men who are choosing to use violence in their relationships. Due to the Top End demographic the program has a high proportion of Aboriginal and recently arrived immigrants, with English as a second language participating.
About the Opportunity
The Practitioner will work within the Men’s Behaviour Change team to ensure that participants are assessed, managed, and referred appropriately.You will deliver against contractual requirements and program objectives by facilitating groups, maintaining contact with perpetrators, developing exit strategies and linking men into relevant support groups such as men’s healing programs that can help consolidate new skills
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Welfare Studies or Men’s Family Violence with substantial experience in a similar role.
- Experience facilitating Men’s Behaviour Change Programs
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with male aboriginals in both urban and remote communities
- Understanding of the gendered nature of domestic and family violence
- Experience in evidence-based interventions, including facilitating group work
- Demonstrated application of knowledge, in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, to casework and group work to support participants
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including report writing and case note writing
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 21 July 2022
Interviews Week of: 25 July 2022
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
This position may be eligible to receive a rent subsidy through the ‘Rent Choice’ Affordable Housing Program. Eligibility conditions apply. Please refer to Venture Housing website https://venturehousing.org.au/rent-choice for more information
#movetotheterritory – https://theterritory.com.au/
The Top End offers a unique working and personal experience. Not only can you propel your career and make an impact, but you also get to enjoy beautiful surroundings with something for everyone, from outdoor adventures – fishing, bushwalking, swimming in natural waterholes to a vibrant art and entertainment scene with markets, music and festivals.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.