An exciting opportunity to work at a new innovative mental health site in Southern Tasmania
The Department of Health, Tasmania is seeking passionate, talented, and caring mental health clinicians, lived experience workers and operational staff to join a new team at the Peacock Centre mental health site in Hobart, Tasmania.
The historic Peacock Centre was impacted by fire in 2021. Since that time, the Tasmanian Government has commenced an extensive mental health reform program, including a substantial financial commitment to returning the site to its former glory with full restoration of the heritage-listed façade, glasshouse, and gardens.
On track for completion in late 2022, the Peacock Centre will house four component services – a 12-bed Acute Treatment Unit, an education-based Recovery College, a therapeutic Safe Haven and an Integration Hub – all of which will be the first of their kind in the state.
To find out more about the Peacock Centre Redevelopment, click here, Peacock Centre Redevelopment | Mental Health
Roles we are recruiting:
- Manager – Allied Health Peacock Centre or Manager – Nursing Peacock Centre (526420 and 526420d)
- Occupational Therapist – Acute Treatment Unit (526430)
- Psychologist – Acute Treatment Unit (526432)
- Social Worker – Acute Treatment Unit (526431)
- Occupational Therapist – Integration Hub (526442)
- Allied Health Professional – Safe Haven or Clinical Nurse Consultant – Safe Haven (526440d and 526440) (Multiple positions)
Interviews for these vacancies will commence in August/September 2022.
For more information on these positions or to apply, please click here