We are a local, not-for-profit community health service, who has been caring for people in the Yarra Ranges for over 26 years. ‘Inspiring healthier lives’ is our vision and drives the way we provide friendly, client centred allied health, counselling, dental and health promotion services to our local community.
Inspiro, together with our partners Access Health and Community and Health Ability, are providing an experienced and energised mental health workforce, known locally as HeadtoHelp. This supportive and professional team delivers Mental Health care and support as part of a community based mental health service, with a focus on the mental health effects of COVID-19 on the Victorian community.
To ensure we are best placed to support the Yarra Ranges, Inspiro provides this service through the HeadtoHelp Hub located at Yarra Junction, with a support site in Belgrave.
About the role
As the Mental Health Care Coordinator, you will provide care coordination to consumers in the HeadtoHelp program. The role identifies the importance of unified care teams and shared care planning. It seeks to support the development of care teams through referrals and be a leader in coordinating services, providing wrap around supports to consumers that place the client at the centre of their own recovery.
We offer a flexible hybrid workplace, working either from home site/Belgrave 1 day per week and 2 days from our Yarra Junction site or 3 days from our Yarra Junction site. The role is fixed-term 0.7 FTE until the end of February 2023 with the possibility of further extension dependent upon funding. Reporting to the Clinical Operations Manager – Mental Health and AOD, you will be part of the multidisciplinary Stepped Care team to develop Collaborative Care Plans and support consumers working towards recovery-oriented goals. The role will include both direct support, facilitation of group programs and coordination of shared care to meet the consumer’s recovery-oriented goals.
- Liaise with referrers and GPs in relation to reviewing consumer progress and ensure good communication with the care team
- Participate in shared care with internal and external services, including leading care team meetings, case coordination and clinical reviews
- Conduct regular clinical reviews with the client and their care team to re-assess their clinical staging and review the Collaborative Care Plan
- Develop and co-facilitate group-based interventions for consumers
- Provide services in both face-to-face and telehealth modalities
- Conduct clinical risk assessments and implement risk management plans as appropriate
- Assist clients to navigate service systems using step up/step down approaches and service coordination, and make referrals internally and externally as required
- Work collaboratively with consumers, family/carers and other health professionals to develop and implement Collaborative Care Plans that include short‐term and long‐term recovery goals
- Work within the scope of practice defined for the role and as agreed with line manager
Why work at Inspiro?
- Wellbeing is our priority – We are committed to a culture which values and supports staff wellbeing. Wellbeing initiatives are continuously evolving and being promoted at our organisation, including our comprehensive EAP
- Attractive remuneration – Generous salary and benefits, including NFP salary packaging, meal and entertainment and novated lease
- Great team culture – We have a flexible, family-friendly and outcome-focused culture
- Professional development – We understand the importance of developing our workforce and as such provide opportunities for our staff to grow
- Hybrid workplace – Where possible we offer a combination of working from home and also on site, to offer flexibility and support to employees.
Why the Yarra Ranges
The Yarra Ranges – all the benefits of a tree change with the convenience of being close to the city. With its open spaces, opportunities for adventure, vibrant entertainment options and the choice of exceptional schools, the Yarra Ranges should be considered by those serious about combining a meaningful career with an enjoyable lifestyle.
Here’s where you’ll find a supportive community, a multitude of sporting choices and some of the very best restaurants and wineries in the state if that is more your thing. Definitely worth leaving the city commute and cramped housing behind, it might be time to think about how a career move to the beautiful Yarra Ranges might work for you.
- Hold relevant mental health qualifications (i.e. social work, counselling, alcohol and other drugs, community work or similar field) with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with clients in mental health, AOD or related fields
- Have a comprehensive understanding of mental health treatment services and referral pathways, with particular focus on the Eastern Region of Melbourne
- Have demonstrated experience in working with complex clients to develop collaborative care plans and provide goal-directed care
- Be experienced and training in conducting clinical risk assessments and implementing risk management plans with clients
- Possess an empathic, innovative and professional therapeutic style
- Be organised, able to effectively prioritise your time in order to meet performance deadlines and target, and have good problem-solving skills
- Be able to work within a dual-diagnosis framework with consumers across the lifespan
- Work creatively and safely with consumers from diverse backgrounds, including LGBTIQ, CALD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Be able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Have experience using health record systems (such as TrakCare or FIXUS) and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
We would love to know why you would like to come and work with us at Inspiro and what you can bring to this role.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for please apply today via Seek by clicking the ‘Apply for this job’ button, attaching a cover letter and an updated resume. Alternatively, feel free to send your application directly to our team at [email protected]
For a detailed Position Description, please visit our website and click on the role title for a link to the PD. https://www.inspiro.org.au/employment-opportunities/careers
We are keen to get this role recruited to ASAP and so will be shortlisting as applications are received. Respectfully, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Inspiro values diversity and encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where individual differences and intersecting identities are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, from culturally linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, all members of the LGBTQIA+ community and people living with disability.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as undertake a current Police Record Check, hold an Employee Working with Children Check and meet the mandatory COVID vaccination requirements. Inspiro may request additional background checks subject to current legislation.
To learn more about Inspiro and hear from Mia, our Team Leader (HeadtoHelp), check out our latest Annual Report in video form.