Full Time or Part-time
Fixed-term position (until January 2023, potential for on-going subject to government funding allocations)
Salary subject to Qualifications and Experience as per relevant award rates.
Please apply with Cover Letter & Resume outlining relevant qualifications and experience.
Head to Health is a Federal Government Funded Free Mental Health Service.
For more information please go to https://headtohealthvic.org.au/head-to-help/
About the Role:
The Head to Health Mental Health Clinician role is to provide individual services to clients of all ages presenting with mild – moderate mental health needs. The Mental Health Clinician will work within a multidisciplinary team to provide services to clients which include: assessment, brief intervention, supportive counseling, and therapeutic counseling interventions.
- Tertiary qualifications:
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health
- Provisional or Registered Psychologist
- Mental Health Social Worker
- Credentialed Mental Health Registered Nurse
- Mental Health Enrolled Nurse
- Experience in working with people with mental health issues, (AOD or other related fields) and interacting with families, carers and other support services.
- Experience/Qualifications in Mental Health age specific groups: Child, Youth, Older Persons.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a growing client base, and build strong relationships with service providers, agencies and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team, including the ability to be self-motivated and able to take initiative.
- Demonstrated experience in working with clients to conduct clinical assessments, develop collaborative care plans within a strengths based and recovery framework
- The ability to produce and maintain high level clinical documents, reports and databases in line with KPI requirements.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with consumers, families and other health professionals
- The ability to work respectfully and creatively with diverse populations, including Indigenous Australians, LGBTIQ+ and CALD communities
- All staff will be required to undergo a Police Records Check and three-yearly renewals.
- Employees are required to advise Central Clinic of any changes that may affect the current Police Records check status, and advise Management immediately.
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence is required. Loss of licence or any licence infringement must be reported by the employee to Management immediately.
- A completion of pre-existing injury or illness declaration will be required prior to appointment to the position.
- A current Working with Children Check is required.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development is required.
- Strict confidentiality and privacy rules apply to all information held or received by Head to help
- Display appropriate safe behaviour at all times including when working with children – we aim to create a child safe and child friendly environment where children feel safe and have fun.
Applications close at 5pm on 29th July 2022
Only applications progressing to the interview stage will be responded to.