Eligible Allied Health/Registered Nurses /Midwives (including Clinical Nurses) who move to Queensland from an interstate or international jurisdiction to take up permanent employment may receive up to $20,000 incentive payments under the Queensland Health Workforce Attraction Incentive Scheme
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day’.
About your opportunity
Mental Health Clinician / Permanent Full-time
In order to ensure the delivery of best practises and high-quality patient care, the mental health clinician at Charters Towers Rehabilitation Unit is responsible for helping to coordinate care within a collaborative multidisciplinary recovery framework and offering support to clients with complex problems that are consistent with the service’s philosophy, goals, and objectives. The mental health clinician will contribute to the delivery of modern, evidence-based recovery-focused mental health care to a group of consumers who are dealing with severe mental illness, including co-morbidities like substance abuse and chronic illness, while providing residential rehabilitation support to foster recovery that is in line with State and Federal requirements.
Applications are being sought from candidates with either Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work qualification.
Generous remuneration package value up to $123,756 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $$73,796 to $108,466 p.a. (HP3)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
The Ideal applicant will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following
- Understanding and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of mental health conditions and recovery based interventions.
- Demonstrated understanding of strengths based, client centred and recovery-oriented rehabilitation.Deliver mental health discipline specific assessment, treatment and interventions.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to engage with consumers, carers and families.
- Proven ability to use information and reporting systems appropriate to the position.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- Proof of qualification (Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work) and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association..
- Drivers Licence: This position requires the incumbent to operate a class “C” motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty.
- While not mandatory, status as an AASW accredited Mental Health Social Worker is highly regarded.
- While not mandatory, eligibility for appointment as an Authorised Mental Health Practitioner under the Mental Health Act 2016 would be well regarded.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Discover what Charters Towers has to offer:
Our Region – Charters Towers Regional Council