- Opportunity to advance your clinical career as we transform our services
- Multidisciplinary roles – open to OT, Psychologist, Social Worker, Speech Path and RPN
- Excellent work/life balance – Permanent Part Time – 48 hours per fortnight
Join our vibrant CAMHS team and be well supported to develop strong clinical skills in psychiatric assessment and treatment of infants, children and young people. If you are looking to join a service that focuses on the individual skill set of clinicians and provides the opportunity to have a direct impact on improving the care provided to the children, young people and families with whom you work, please apply today.
About the facility
The Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) is responsible for delivery of specialist evidence based mental health assessments and treatments to infants, children and young people up to 16 years. Specialist clinics are provided for Infant mental health and Autism Spectrum Disorders. The service also provides specialist training and consultation to other child and family services.
About the role
In this role you will work within the CAMHS multidisciplinary team providing assessment and treatment to women and their families, infants, children, young people and their families up to 16 years of age who have serious mental health problems. Duties include;
- Providing psychosocial infant, child and adolescent assessment involving the client, family and engaged agencies
- Engaging and working with the infant/ child/young person’s family in both the assessment and treatment process as informed collaborators in the management of the child/young person during their episode of care
- Working alongside agencies involved in the infants and child’s care, providing consultation where required
About the culture
CAMHS is an enthusiastic, energetic and focused team who work cohesively together. CAMHS promotes positive respectful relationships and strong working partnerships in the workplace and in the community. As a team CAMHS is focussed on providing the highest quality care to the people with whom we work.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Relocation assistance & packages available
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional Development
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave and take leave without pay
- Doorstep to the beautiful Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.