Mental Health Clinician – Intensive Mobile Treatment Team
- Permanent, Full Time
- Ringwood East
- Monthly ADO
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
The Intensive Mobile Treatment Team (IMT) is part of Eastern Health’s Child and Youth Mental Health Services (CYMHS). The team consists of multidisciplinary professionals who provide clinic based and outreach therapeutic interventions with young people (12 to 25 years) and their families/carers within a recovery based framework
To be successful in this role you will possess: one of the following qualifications:
- Holds a degree qualification in Social Work that has been approved by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) for membership as a Social Worker.
- Maintains compliance with the AASW Continuing Professional Development Policy in order to meet the Eastern Health Allied Health credentialing standard.
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience as a qualified Social Worker.
- Full registration or eligibility for full registration as a Psychologist by the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA).
- Hold a Masters or Doctoral coursework qualification in Clinical Psychology that has been approved by the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Registration endorsement, eligibility for endorsement or working towards endorsement, in the Approved Area of Practice of Clinical Psychology.
- Registered as a Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority with approved/endorsed postgraduate qualifications in Psychiatric Nursing.
- A minimum 24 months post graduate nursing experience in a mental health setting.
- Registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia, Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency
- Post-Graduate qualifications in Mental Health or related field.
- Previous experience in working in roles within Child and Youth Mental Health.
- A strong commitment to high quality care
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. An offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19 with booster & Influenza, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**