Mental Health Clinician – Mood Stream
Orygen Specialist Program (formally Orygen Youth Health)
- Ongoing part-time role | 6 days per fortnight
- Based in Sunshine | Flexibility and work-life balance
- Career progression and development opportunities
This is a multidisciplinary role and is open to Grade 3 Registered Psychiatric Nurses and Grade 2 Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and Psychologists.
Your new team
Orygen Specialist Program provides mental health services to young people aged 15-25 and their families/carers in Melbourne’s northwest and western suburbs.
Our MOOD team provides evidence-based interventions to young people experiencing moderate to severe mood disorders, and may present with a range of co-morbid mental health issues.
One 0.6 EFT ongoing position based in Parkville with satellite services covering Glenroy and Craigieburn and one 0.6 EFT ongoing position based in Sunshine with satellite services covering Melton, Wyndham and Footscray.
Your new role
- Partner with young people and families/carers and provide case management, mental health assessments, risk assessments, psychological treatment and crisis management
- Function autonomously as well as work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Provide inclusive and sensitive practice to young people and their families/carers from Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander, CALD and LGBTQIA backgrounds
- Utilise and further develop skills in research, discipline-specific interventions or portfolios, including dual diagnosis, physical health, systems work and other therapeutic modalities
- Registration and qualifications in a relevant area of practice
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of mental health assessment, treatment and case management, including with young people as a Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist or Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Knowledge of the rationale and evidence for early intervention in mental illness
- Knowledge of mental health system of care, the common mental health and substance use issues faced by young people, and evidence-based treatments
Benefits of working with Orygen Specialist Programs:
- Join us during this inspiring time of growth and transformation – career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.