At Sonder, we’ve been helping people across South Australia to improve their wellbeing and live better lives since 1993. We support thousands of people each year with mental health challenges, drug and alcohol use concerns, chronic disease management and employment.
Why are we hiring?
You may have noticed recently that Sonder has been advertising a large number of role opportunities – this is all due to our significant growth which has resulted in us being able to support more people in more communities. Whilst our growth has led to us now employing over 300 people, we’ve made sure to retain our friendly culture and practical approach.
What benefits can we offer?
When you work with Sonder, you become part of the Sonder family and that provides you with a number of benefits such as:
- Salary (excluding super) paid above award
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional Development Allowance
- Generous salary packaging options
- Meal & entertainment allowances
- Paid parental leave, and much more!
Sonder are open to negotiating further benefits with the successful applicant to ensure an excellent working environment for you.
Learn about the position:
Location: Sonder Edinburgh North
Hours: Part Time – Full Time
The Mental Health Clinician will work as part of a multidisciplinary mental health team to deliver focused psychological interventions for individuals with chronic complex tier 3 disorders.
Reporting directly to Mental Health Clinical Lead, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing clinical therapeutic services (individual) to clients with low prevalence, high complexity disorders within the Sonder service areas
- Planning and implementing assessment and treatment services
- Group program development and implementation where appropriate and necessary
- Liaison and consultation with other professional employees
- Participation in individual and group supervision, and attendance at team meetings and external meetings
- A minimum 2 years supervised experience in the area of Mental Health
- A minimum 2 years relevant professional development and or supervision
- Experience in delivering cognitive behaviour therapy, recovery orientated interventions, harm minimisation interventions, and other evidence based mental health & AOD interventions
- Experience in care coordination in a Mental Health setting
- Demonstrated experience working within a fast-paced environment.
Qualification and Clearance requirements:
- Qualified in one of the following disciplines and membership to associated professional body; Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, or Mental Health Nursing
- Psychologists, Occupational Therapists and Mental Health Nurses must be registered with AHPRA
- Occupational Therapist must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in mental health
- Social workers must have Accredited Mental Health Social Work Status with AASW
- Mental Health Nurses must be accredited with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
- Qualifications and credentialing outside these minimum qualifications needs to satisfy the requirements of and be agreed upon by Sonder and its commissioning agencies.
- Current National Police Check
- Current Child Safe Environments
- Working with Children’s Check
*We encourage all applicants to read through the full position description before applying. This can be found at http://sonder.net.au/careers/
Please note: In accordance with the state government directive of vaccination mandates for healthcare setting workers, it is a condition of employment that you have received the required dose of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccination or an endorsed medical exemption.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter and resume to Sonder via our careers portal on our website.
Closing Date: 9th of August 2022
Feel free to send any enquiries to [email protected]