Mental Health Clinician
North Western Mental Health (NWMH) Triage
- Multiple Full Time and Part Time Roles
- Based in RMH Royal Park Campus – Parkville
- Fixed Term until June 30th 2023
- Seeking enthusiastic and dedicated clinicians and senior clinicans to join Victoria’s largest mental health triage service
This is a multidisciplinary role and is open to both junior and senior clinicians; Registered Psychiatric Nurses (RPN 3 or 4), Occupational Therapists (OT 2 or 3), Social Workers (SW 2 or 3) and Psychologists (PSYCH 2 or 3).
Life With NWMH Triage:
NWMH Triage has been established for nearly 12 years and is the largest mental health triage service in Victoria. We provide a single point of entry to NWMH and deliver a timely and consistent response to those requiring mental health service.
Our Triage Service is a crucial function at the interface between the community and mental health services. The service is accessible, comprehensive and responsive to the needs of service users, their carers, supporters and families.
As a Mental Health Triage Clinician you will work collaboratively with the area mental health service providers. All contacts to the NWMH Triage will be operated via the telephone and email system and is a 24-hour service 7 days a week.
Your new role:
- Undertake initial phone risks and mental state assessments and document as appropriate
- Telephone screen referrals to the service by making succinct and appropriate assessment of the needs of the individual and application of the statewide triage scale.
- Liaise with and provide information to community agencies, GPs families and carers
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across all RMH teams
- Substantial clinical experience in a range of clinical mental health settings with highly developed mental health assessment skills.
- A commitment to providing high-level customer service with a consumer focused approach
- Demonstrate the capacity for initiative and work appropriately with limited direction
- A commitment to the Melbourne Way values; Leading with kindness, excellence together and people first.
Benefit of working with us:
- We are a values-based organisation, a career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- Work alongside highly trained staff whilst providing compassionate and supportive care for all members of the community.
- Comprehensive orientation to triage processes and technology
- Local professional development program
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
Kirsty Barger (Manager) 0439 825 478
Alison Naughton (Team Leader) 0427 905 065
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.