“We support individuals living with mental health challenges to achieve outcomes they value.”
About the Role
- Casual Position Available
- Classification: Health Professional & Support Services Award 2020 Level 2 with an hourly rate of $55.92 – $62.56 per hour including loading + Superannuation
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses increasing your take home income where part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, savings thousands in tax each year
- Location: Urgent Mental Health Care Centre, SA.
- Generous above award pay and entitlements (see details below)
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
We have been providing mental health support for over 30 years. We were founded on an alliance between professionals, individuals and their families. Collaborative recovery remains at the heart of who we are today.
About your new role
As an Allied Health Professional, the Mental Health Clinician will draw on their discipline skills, engage with guests (consumer), other clinicians, the guest’s treatment team, Neami staff and family/friends/carers to provide high quality assessments and interventions aimed at improving mental health outcomes for guests accessing the UMHCC. The Mental Health Clinician will have a strong emphasis on preparing the guest to transition home. This work will focus on clinical assessment and collaborative care planning.
What will Neami offer in return?
- Professional development through regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Ongoing extensive in-house Learning and Development Programs to encourage learning and skill-building
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Benestar – access a holistic health and wellness offering of supports and resources to Neami staff and their immediate family
- Work flexibility arrangements available for maintaining your work-life balance
What you will bring to the role?
- Formal tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or Occupational Therapy
- Accredited registration with a professional governing body such as AHPRA, AASW
- Demonstrated skill in the application of recovery-based approaches in a clinical setting
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of reports with recommendations
What the role requires:
- National Criminal History Check (Police check) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Current Working with Children Check required before commencement of work
- Current AHPRA or AASW registration
- Current Drivers licence
- Australian Working Rights
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Lainey Reynolds | Acting Clinical Service Manager | [email protected]
Applications Close: Friday 15th September 2023
Be Yourself – Neami values and celebrates diversity including multidisciplinary teams and the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that is accessible, inclusive and reflects the community in which we live.