Permanent Full Time
- Become part of our highly competent, passionate & committed workforce
- Enjoy diversity working across multiple teams within our community services
- Multidisciplinary role open to RPN and allied health professionals
- Permanent positions available, part time and full time – FTE Negotiable
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne! We serve over 500,000 people through the efforts of over 8,000 staff and more than 1,200 volunteers.
Enjoy the range of lifestyle choices Geelong has to offer including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices and high standard of schooling options throughout the area. You will appreciate the beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries.
To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
About the service
Barwon Health’s Adult Continuing Care Services (CCS) provides community supports to people aged between 16 and 65 years, experiencing serious mental health needs. Our service delivery includes comprehensive crisis assessment, crisis management and treatment, case management of complex issues and mobile outreach.
We have community case teams situated in five locations across the Barwon region ranging from Corio and Geelong West to Bellarine, Torquay & Colac. Each team is situated in a community health centre that is situated close to the city centres, beaches or local community hubs.
About the role
Continuing Care Services recognises that people with a mental illness may require a broad and complex range of services, and they and their carers may need assistance to navigate this. The clinician’s responsibilities include facilitating assessment and service provision and providing coordination of care, whether hospital or community based, or across different types of services. A multi-disciplinary team supports the clinician and ensures the consumer needs are looked at from a variety of perspectives related to the professional background and skills of the health disciplines.
The clinician’s role includes;
- Development of a comprehensive recovery and treatment plan with the consumer
- Outreach activities
- Consumer and carer education, support and follow-up
- Assessment of consumers’ medical, psychosocial and current service needs
- Development, implementation and evaluation of Treatment & Care Plans
- Referrals and assistance with linkage to medical, NDIA, mental health, substance use services and psychosocial services as needed.
As the successful applicant you must be able to work a 7 day rotating roster, which consists of weekend work, day shifts (0830-1700) and evening shifts (1130-2000 and 1030-1900).
These permanent roles will operate as rotational positions through all CCS teams to back fill leave within the teams.
About the culture
You will be working within an innovative, passionate multidisciplinary team who are a wealth of knowledge. You will receive support and guidance from these team members and management who endeavour to demonstrate the Barwon Health values, respect, compassion, commitment, accountability and innovation.
What we offer
- Relocation Package & assistance available for suitable interstate candidates
- Located in the centre of Geelong’s CBD, we also offer an easier commute from the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, rather than travelling across the city
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive salary packaging benefits! Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments / Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Mental Health Recruitment via email at mentalhealth.recruitment @barwonhealth.org.au.
This role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health Immunisation Policy.
Enquiries: Christopher Fryar
Ph: 0403 582 562
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.