Will you actively create a healthier future for tomorrow?
At Medibank we’re encouraged to think big. We have a clear purpose to impact better health outcomes for our customers, patients and our community.
We celebrate diversity of thought because we want to make better decisions for our customers. As we work towards our goal of better health for better lives, we value the knowledge and contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. We are working hard to create an inclusive workplace and develop Indigenous careers.
As a Mental Health Professional working from home, you will play a key role in providing phone and web-based support to people with various mental health issues. We currently have a number of openings for Mental Health Professionals. This is a 6-month fixed-term contract, with a possibility of extension.
You can work part or full time across a 24/7 roster. We have intakes in September and October.
About the role
This will involve mental health triage and education, risk assessment, referral to local mental health providers, and crisis intervention for people experiencing extreme emotional distress.
The telephone and online-based nature of this role will require you to multitask between listening and supporting callers, typing notes, and referring to clinical resources and online support tools.
To be successful in your application for this role you will have:
- A clinical qualification (of minimum three years duration) in a relevant discipline of nursing, psychology, occupational therapy, or social work.
- A minimum of three years of full-time experience in an acute mental health setting (for example MH telephone triage, work in an inpatient unit, conduct mental health assessments in ED or community settings).
- Current registration with AHPRA for associated disciplines or AASW.
Other requirements include:
- Active landline and suitable internet connection
- Proof of application of working with children check
- Private room/space which can be used for your home office set up
- Intermediate IT skills – comfortable navigating software, typing and talking at the same time
A career with us
At Medibank, we believe work is something we do, not somewhere we go. Our modes of working – Collaboration, Connection and Concentration – help inform how your day is structured and where you choose to work will vary, depending on your role and requirements.
The wellbeing of our employees is our priority. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you. Virtual interviews are always on offer and will not adversely impact your application.
All employees who may attend a worksite or any face-to-face work-related activity will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We offer a range of great benefits, rewards and discounts, and health and wellbeing initiatives.
To start small and impact bigger.