Discover DPV Health
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
At DPV Health, we pride ourselves on being inclusive, and actively embrace and celebrate the diversity of all people within our communities. We are passionate about supporting people to lead happy, healthy lives. We are dedicated to working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with a disability and people from migrant or refugee backgrounds. DPV Health is a Child Safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. We are proud to be a Rainbow Tick accredited organisation; dedicated to the continued support for our LGBTIQ+ community.
A little about the role
This position is co-located with DPV Health’s intake service to provide high quality, person centred comprehensive initial mental health and risk assessments over the phone. The mental health triage clinician is a point of entry to DPV Health Mental Health Services, delivering timely and consistent responses to those requiring mental health services. The primary function of the role is to provide initial triage assessment and screening service for people, coordinate the allocation of consumers into DPV Health’s mental health services and manage the waitlist supported by our senior lived experience worker. When appropriate referrals to local area mental health services or specialist services will be facilitated as well as with external providers such as primary health sector or other local agencies.
You’ll possess demonstrated experience in the provision of applying advanced clinical skills to undertake initial phone mental state and risk assessments for those contacting DPV Health’s intake service as per the state-wide triage scale. You’ll also exercise the ability to complete the telephone triage / screening of referrals and determine the suitability of DPV Health’s mental health services for the person, including prioritising referrals ensure timely and appropriate responses to ameliorate presenting risks.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Substantial clinical experience in a range of clinical mental health settings with highly developed mental health triage/intake assessment skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of mental health and risk assessments, capacity to formulate and provide brief solution focussed therapies.
- Knowledge and application of the biopsychosocial framework.
- Knowledge of therapeutic modalities including but not limited to single session work, motivational interviewing, cognitive behaviour therapy, Acceptance Commitment Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Analytical Therapy, Schema, Mindfulness Cognitive Therapy, etc.
You are tertiary qualified in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing to complement your experience in delivering mental health service to people with moderate to severe mental ill health.
The DPV Health Way
The health and wellbeing of our people is at the core of our employee and client experience. All perks are curated with care, allowing you to thrive at work and in all personal and professional pursuits. Knowledge sharing, ongoing learning and development, engagement and recognition are key pillars in our culture and values.
- Work-Life Balance: We are well equipped to support a hybrid approach to the future of work. We understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible. Flexible, family-friendly working arrangements and remote work – just ask us!
- Health and Wellbeing: We promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide discounted fitness and health insurance memberships free, on-site vaccinations, and confidential counselling services, just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customized content. Accompanied by face to face training, a choice of clinical supervisor, your continual professional development is always top of our priority list.
- Salary Packaging – just over $15K of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year with additional packaging for meals and entertainment adding further to this benefit.
The fine print
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check, hold a valid WWCC, NDIS clearance and possess up to date COVID vaccination status.
- Full driver’s license and travel between sites is required.
- Closing date for applications 24/07/2022.
If you are seeking a role in an excellent, innovative, and supportive team, in a progressive and growing organisation, we would love to hear from you. Click Apply today!