PAEDIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER
At Family Time Australia our mission is “To pioneer in integrated health for children and better millions of families’ lives”
Our team is growing which creates opportunities for more fabulous health professionals to join our ‘family’.
We offer a full-time role across a 4-day week, meaning 3-day weekends will become your new normal! Located in Glynde, we offer a light filled working environment, that’s super comfortable and warm.
You will be part of a dynamic trans-disciplinary team providing high quality, evidenced based and FUN therapy intervention to children of all ages. You’ll be working closely with Occupational Therapists, Psychosocial Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Nutritional Therapists and Family Coordinators to provide a service centred around each individual family. We are focused on working united as team together with the child and their family to educate, coach and support them to reach their goals.
This role will see you join a progressive company that is leading the way nationally in integrated health and is a huge growth opportunity for your career. You’ll be part of an open, team-oriented, and rewards-based culture where your input is encouraged and valued.
Family Time Australia also develops and utilises a range of group programs for children, and you will be an integral part of this process. We focus on supporting the development and implementation of social skills, behaviour management, parenting intervention and other functional aspects of these groups to facilitate our families to achieve the goals for their children.
- A Tertiary Social Work qualification recognised by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is essential.
- Eligibility for membership of the AASW.
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualifying experience of providing psychosocial support and therapeutic counselling to children, young people and families.
- Experience working effectively with children aged 0-15 years with disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorder or development delays using holistic family centred approaches
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of play-based early childhood intervention practices
- Demonstrated ability to use coaching strategies that help strengthen parent’s capacity to meet the learning needs of their child
- Ability to devise behaviour management strategies and assist families, school environments and other community settings with behaviour plans, education and support with managing and making a positive change for the child’s wellbeing.
- Ability to support and guide positive parenting techniques for families
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Excellent influential, negotiation and problem-solving skills
In return for your commitment, we will provide:
- Generous incentive scheme
- Excellent career opportunity that provides expert training including professional and personal development to support your career growth and goals
- Scheduled ‘no client’ professional development allocations as a team to enhance and grow your skills as a clinician within a trans-disciplinary team
- Dedicated daily administration time
- Full administration support for scheduling, booking and client payments
- Regular supervision and support with an experienced Social Worker to improve your clinical and coaching skills and knowledge, along with support to manage your caseload
- United holistic team support to ensure best practice for all clients
- Commitment to maintaining and supporting work/life balance
Apply online now for this fabulous opportunity.