Parenting Orders Program Practitioner
- 75 hours per fortnight, continuing position
Take the next step in your career with CatholicCare Victoria.
About the Position
Parenting Orders Program supports families experiencing separation to strengthen the co-parenting relationship, reduce conflict, improve communication and focus on the needs of their children. Service delivery in this program includes individual support, counselling, psychoeducation and group programs for families experiencing separation.
This position aims to support parents to focus together on the best interest of their children, resolve disputes, improve communication, reduce conflict, re-establish contact between parents and children and focus together on the best interest of their children.
Specifically, the position is responsible for:
- Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments of individual parents, caregivers and children and young people where appropriate including screening of risk issues such as family violence
- Offer counselling to separated parents and their children
- Facilitate child focused information sessions
- Facilitate education groups supporting families to co-parent effectively post separation
To be considered for this position, you will require:
- A Degree in Psychology, Counselling, or Social Work (or related discipline) and eligibility for membership of the A.P.S, A.A.S.W or related professional association.
- Demonstrated experience in working with children, young people and their families in the context of family separation
- Demonstrated experience with facilitating information sessions and education groups
- Proven understanding of the impact of family violence including ability to identify and assess at an intermediate level
Directions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer require all CatholicCare Victoria workers to be fully vaccinated and for specific positions, boosted, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the Pandemic (Workplace) Order 2022. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with the requirements.
About CatholicCare Victoria
CatholicCare Victoria is a leading and influential provider of charitable and social services in Victoria. The Mission of CatholicCare Victoria is to build communities that recognise and nurture the dignity of each person. Our employees share our Mission for a stronger, more inclusive society through supporting individuals, families and communities in times of need, especially those who are most disadvantaged, vulnerable and/or marginalised.
We deliver excellence in a broad range of child, family and youth services, family relationship services, school counselling and pastoral care services, social housing, employment and advocacy services across various office locations and delivery sites in Victoria.
We draw on the principles of Catholic Social Teaching to inspire and direct our endeavours. We value and respect human dignity, and embrace diversity in an inclusive work environment.
Working for CatholicCare Victoria
At CatholicCare Victoria we offer:
- A family friendly working environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Salary packaging for eligible staff.
We embrace, value and respect an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated.
We are committed to the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
How to Apply
For further information and how to apply, visit our website www.catholiccarevic.org.au
Enquiries to: Kathryn Lyons, Senior Manager, Family Law Services on 0438 339 937
Applications close: Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please apply now!
Applications are required to be submitted to www.catholiccarevic.org.au for your application to be considered.
Please ensure your application includes your resume and a cover letter detailing a summary of your experience relevant to the position as per the position description which is attached to the advertisement on our website.
The successful applicant must have right to work in Australia.
Should you require cultural or other support in submitting your application, please contact our People and Culture Department on 03 5337 8999.
Should you require information in alternative formats, please contact our People and Culture Department on 03 5337 8999.
Directions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer require all CatholicCare Victoria workers to be fully vaccinated, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.