As a Play Therapist at Paediatric Play, you will be an integral part of our team, making a lasting impact on the lives of our participants. Using play as your primary mode of communication, you will help children navigate through emotional difficulties, and other developmental challenges. Play-based interventions will be the key to unlocking the potential within each child.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct individual play therapy sessions for children to express themselves.
- Use various play therapy techniques and creative activities to address emotional, behavioral, and social challenges.
- Collaborate with families to develop personalised treatment plans and provide support for their child’s well-being.
- Work closely with our multidisciplinary team to integrate play therapy into the child’s overall treatment plan.
What You’ll Bring
- A degree in Play Therapy, Counselling, Psychology, OT, Social Work, or a related field.
- A genuine love for working with children and a profound understanding of child development
- Strong communication and active listening skills, enabling you to connect with children and build trust.
- The ability to be creative, flexible, and adaptive in tailoring play-based interventions to individual needs.
- Positive energy and passion for quality outcomes for each participant and their families
Why Join Us
At Paediatric Play, we take pride in our commitment to making a difference in the lives of children and their families.
Paediatric Play provides:
- Referral support and management
- Fully equipped therapy rooms including 1 x play therapy room
- Shared office space
- Flexible working arrangements
- Monthly peer supervision
We are looking for people who want to make a difference.
Remuneration for this role will be based on relevant skills and experience. This will be discussed with the successful candidate.
- Hold a current National Police Check (NPC)
- Hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Hold a current Australian issued Driver’s Licence
How to Apply
If you’re ready to make a meaningful impact through the transformative power of play, we want to hear from you!
Send your resume and a cover letter expressing your dedication to child-centered play therapy via Seek.
Give us a call for a confidential conversation on 0432438866