- Work within an innovative and passionate multidisciplinary team who are a wealth of knowledge.
- Utilise your own lived experience of mental illness/distress and recovery to help others on their recovery journey
- Ideal work/life balance – Permanent part time – 40 hours per fortnight
About the service
Barwon Health’s Mental health, Drugs and Alcohol Services (MHDAS) provides integrated and recovery orientated mental health and drug and alcohol assessment, treatment, harm reduction and community and family support to people of all ages within the Barwon Region currently experiencing, or at risk of experiencing mental health and/or drug and alcohol issues. Our service is internationally recognised for its innovative clinical programs and integrated models of practice that are consumer centred, accessible and family inclusive. We are fortunate to enjoy excellent internal relationships and have developed excellent partnerships with local community that provide for seamless integrated care for our clients.
About the facility
Jigsaw provides specialist early intervention for young people (16-25) with or at risk of developing a psychotic disorder and treatment services for young people with drug and alcohol and/or high prevalence disorders. Under the auspice of the wider Barwon Health Mental Health & Drug Alcohol Service, it also forms a central component of the headspace Geelong Consortia and is actively involved in service development and innovation to assist in the national campaign to promote early and effective mental health and drug and alcohol interventions for young people.
About the role
As a member of the multidisciplinary team and utilising your lived experience of mental illness/distress and recovery, you will develop connections with youth service users within Jigsaw and provide post-discharge peer support to users for a period of 28 days. The aim of the program is to support service users on their recovery journeys, enhance their connection with their local communities and reduce the risk of unplanned re-admission to the Unit. Other duties of your role include;
- Assist in the identification of people who will benefit from and engage in peer support on the Unit and in the community
- Develop engaging, trusting relationships with the person identified as a potential peer in order to assist with transition to a community setting
- Use your personal knowledge of early recovery and the person’s current situation, strengths and challenges to connect and share the way forward
- Provide one on one peer support drawing on your lived experience of recovery and by sharing snippets of your lived experience of recovery in an intentional way
- Promote recovery-oriented service delivery and adherence to the principles underpinning the Mental Health Act 2014
About the culture
You will be working within an innovative, passionate multidisciplinary team who are a wealth of knowledge. You will receive support and guidance from team members and management who work within the Barwon Health values- respect, compassion, commitment, accountability and innovation.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional Development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.