Program Facilitator – Respecting Boundaries
- Full Time
- Located in CBD, Rockingham and Mandurah
- Contract being offered for 12 months with possible extension
Our 45-year history
This year Communicare celebrates 45 years of Creating Futures for Western Australia’s most vulnerable individuals, families and communities.
Since opening our doors in 1977, our passion for delivering high quality, people-focused support services has continued to flourish. In May 2020, we became the new custodian of White Ribbon Australia, establishing a national footprint for the organisation.
We remain committed to growing a workforce that celebrates diversity and seeks to inspire and empower the people we serve. Right now, we’re looking for people to help us light-up the candles on our 45th Birthday cake and come along for the next stage of our journey.
Do you want to be part of a contemporary and agile organisation, with a team of 300-plus employees and volunteers alongside you?
This is your chance to join an organisation with an exceptional team culture, driven by a commitment to diversity, respect and fairness.
While we’ve changed a lot over the past 45 years, our values – Hope, Opportunity, Perseverance and Equality – remain at the very heart of everything we do.
Are you ready to start Creating Futures every day?
Communicare’s Respecting Boundaries program recognises the complexity of Family and Domestic Violence and Abuse (FDVA) and the role of Family Violence Restraining Orders (FVRO) to create protection for victims/survivors of threatening behaviour and violence. For many victims/survivors, the process of securing statutory interventions alongside challenging their abuser in court is difficult.
The Program Facilitator (Respecting Boundaries) will engage FVRO respondents to support changes to abusive and/or violent patterns of behaviour through provision of online, individual and group-based interventions. This position will use a Solutions Focused Brief Therapy approach to promote the development of practical strategies that can be applied to manage behaviour.
Respecting Boundaries also engages individuals in the community to support change through the delivery of behaviour change groups delivered in the Mandurah and Rockingham areas. The Program Facilitator will work closely with Adult Community Corrections to deliver groups in these two locations once a week together with individual sessions.
The position requires:
- Tertiary qualification or significant experience in the Community services field
- Knowledge and understanding of the impacts and dynamics of Family and Domestic Violence and Abuse to support the safety of women and children.
- Experience, knowledge and skills delivering individual and group work interventions including ability to manage group dynamics and behaviour.
- Ability to develop rapport and deliver non-judgemental, trauma informed support.
- Experience delivering case management support including risk assessments and safety planning.
- Experience in AOD or mental health services will be highly regarded.
- Department of Justice Integrity Screening Check
- Unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Satisfactory Police clearance (not older than 6 months from the issue date)
- Unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Working With Children Check
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to be part of an organisation helping to create strong, safe, and inclusive communities
- Travel reimbursement will be provided between sites, in line with the organisation’s policy.
- Generous NFP salary packaging opportunities (option to package up to $15,900 for general living expenses and an additional $2,650 for entertainment benefits per annum)
- Extra Leave – 5 days of extra paid leave per annum
- Paid parental leave policy
- Family Domestic Violence and Abuse (FDVA) leave, financial assistance and structured support for any employees who have experienced FDVA incidents
- Discounted Health Insurance with HBF
- Discounts at over 350 popular retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
- A COVID-safe workplace
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
How to apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that addresses our Selection Criteria. Applications close Thursday 28th July 2022.
Please note: Short listing will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed. Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
As a Child Wise Accredited organisation, Communicare is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Find out more here: Child Safeguarding Commitment – YouTube
White Ribbon Workplaces are centres of respect and proactivity in relation to the safety of women in the workplace and the community.
Communicare encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQI+ and people living with disabilities.