Program Facilitator – Safe and Empowered Families
- Part Time
- Exciting new program located in Geraldton
- Flexible working arrangements
- Contract end date: 31/03/2023
Our 45-year history
This year Communicare celebrates 45 years of Creating Futures for Western Australia’s most vulnerable individuals, families and communities.
Since opening our doors in 1977, our passion for delivering high quality, people-focused support services has continued to flourish. In May 2020, we became the new custodian of White Ribbon Australia, establishing a national footprint for the organisation.
We remain committed to growing a workforce that celebrates diversity and seeks to inspire and empower the people we serve. Right now, we’re looking for people to help us light-up the candles on our 45th Birthday cake and come along for the next stage of our journey.
Do you want to be part of a contemporary and agile organisation, with a team of 300-plus employees and volunteers alongside you?
This is your chance to join an organisation with an exceptional team culture, driven by a commitment to diversity, respect and fairness.
While we’ve changed a lot over the past 45 years, our values – Hope, Opportunity, Perseverance and Equality – remain at the very heart of everything we do.
Are you ready to start Creating Futures every day?
Program Facilitator – Safe and Empowered Families (Hours for each position is flexible for the right applicant)
The Program Facilitator – Safe and Empowered Families is responsible for supporting the Co-ordinator in the effective and efficient operation, coordination, referral and assessment process and delivery of the Safe and Empowered Families program to support Geraldton families experiencing family and domestic violence
This role works with men who choose to use violence and/or abuse through developing and delivering a range of services with the aim of ceasing their use of these behaviours while maximising the safety of women, young people, and children. This role will also work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate support services are provided to families who are associated with men involved in the program.
The position requires:
- Tertiary qualification in the human services field is desired however not essential and experience in the Human Services field will be considered.
- Consideration will be given to experience in the Family and Domestic Violence sector and/or training and support will be provided
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Family and Domestic Violence and working with family safety or the ability to acquire this knowledge in a timely manner.
- Experience, knowledge, and skills delivering individual and group work interventions including ability to manage group dynamics and behaviour.
- Ability to develop rapport, be non-judgemental and deliver a trauma informed support.
- Experience delivering case management support, alongside ability to assess and complete risk assessments and safety planning.
- Experience in FDV, Alcohol and Drug Counselling or mental health services will be highly regarded.
- Proof of two COVID-19 vaccination is required
- Satisfactory Police clearance (not older than 6 months from the issue date)
- Unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Working With Children Check
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to be part of an organisation helping to create strong, safe, and inclusive communities
- Generous NFP salary packaging opportunities (option to package up to $15,900 for general living expenses and an additional $2,650 for entertainment benefits per annum)
- Extra Leave – 5 days of extra paid leave per annum (pro rata for part time)
- Paid parental leave policy
- Family Domestic Violence and Abuse (FDVA) leave, financial assistance and structured support for any employees who have experienced FDVA incidents
- Discounted Health Insurance with HBF
- Discounts at over 350 popular retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
- A COVID-safe workplace
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
How to apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that addresses our Selection Criteria. Applications close Friday 5th August 2022.
Please note: Short listing will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed. Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
As a Child Wise Accredited organisation, Communicare is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Find out more here: Child Safeguarding Commitment – YouTube
White Ribbon Workplaces are centres of respect and proactivity in relation to the safety of women in the workplace and the community.
Communicare encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQI+ and people living with disabilities.