The Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC) is a private provider of Higher Education, and is Australia’s most well known educator of Counsellors. Offering comprehensive and innovative counselling tertiary programs at Bachelor and Master levels, AIPC students enjoy a unique and personalised learning experience studying through online learning.
The Institute is seeking applications from experienced Counselling academic staff for the position of Program Leader – Counselling (Academic Level C). This position works closely with the Course Coordinators and lecturing team in the delivery of the Master of Counselling and Bachelor of Counselling courses. Reporting to the AIPC Provost, the Program Leader oversees the Counselling academic team to ensure a professional and quality learning experience for AIPC counselling students.
The Program Leader position is a stimulating role covering academic co-ordination and administration, while retaining some hands-on teaching responsibilities. The position is uniquely positioned to enhance the academic standards and services offered to students of the Institute. The position is well-suited to an established Counselling academic with the passion to directly impact the capacity of emerging Counsellors.
Based at the Institute’s Higher Education campus in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, the position is permanent full-time (with 6 months’ probation). Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The main responsibilities undertaken by the Program Leader – Counselling include:
- Planning for and overseeing the effective teaching and assessment of the Counselling higher education courses.
- Effectively leading the Counselling academic team to inspire excellent academic standards.
- Overseeing compliance of the Counselling higher education courses with Higher Education Standards and AIPC policies.
- Ensuring plans for the Counselling higher education courses are implemented successfully.
- Ensuring academic service and quality standards are implemented and maintained.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of further academic support services and tools for the Counselling courses.
- Ensuring academic quality and administrative processes are undertaken and documented.
- Reviewing feedback and student outcomes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinating various academic committees and ensuring feedback and decisions of the committees are implemented.
- Contributing to strategic and operational planning processes in relation to the ongoing development of Counselling higher education courses and services.
- Upholding a positive leadership approach that encourages academic quality and student satisfaction.
The successful applicant will have:
- A recognised PhD or Doctorate in Psychology, Counselling or a closely related field.
- Experience in developing and administering the successful delivery of higher education courses, subjects and services.
- Well-developed academic leadership skills.
- Excellent teaching skills in higher education contexts. Experience in online learning viewed favourably.
- Excellent liaison, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Scholarly activity representative of an Academic Level C.
- Eligible for membership of a relevant industry association.
We have a strong student-centric, values-driven culture based on the guiding principle: “Empowering people to help others”. The overall purpose of our organisation is for our graduates, through their own work, to positively influence the level of wellbeing and health in our communities. We accept our role in fulfilling this purpose, working with responsibility, passion, expertise and skill. Our teams develop high quality, applicable online subjects and programs, and provide an exceptional level of education and service to our students. As such, we have a strong focus on creating an accountable, supportive and engaging work environment built on joint purpose, teamwork, and enthusiasm for what we do.
To apply, please submit an Application Letter addressing the information listed above and Curriculum Vitae by Friday, 5th August 2022. A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applicants will need to relocate to Brisbane, QLD.
*Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.