Provide psychological services in a split role working with job seekers experiencing psychological barriers to employment and providing behaviour support to people with disability who have complex and challenging behaviours.
About the Role
- Undertake functional capacity, cognitive and psychosocial assessments in consultation with individuals and families.
- Develop and implement psychosocial and behavioural intervention strategies in consultation with individuals, families, support staff and managers.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in a professional manner and adhere to internal and external requirements to ensure all relevant legislative and associated guidelines are met.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology (Hons)
- Membership of AHPRA either as a Provisional of Registered Psychologist
- Experience in the provision of psychological services in particular supporting people with disability and/or Experience developing positive behaviour support strategies for people with disability
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and experience of contemporary practices, trends and philosophies in relation to service provision for people with intellectual and/or cognitive disabilities, and psychosocial disability who display challenging behaviours and have complex support needs
- Ability to undertake short interventions with clients who have barriers to employment
- Current NDIS Worker Screening
- Current Queensland Working with Children check (Blue Card)
- Current driver’s license
The benefits and culture
- An attractive remuneration package, including Salary Packaging
- Encouraged and supported ongoing professional development and diverse career opportunities with a large and well respected NFP
- Relocation assistance can be reviewed for the right candidate!
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply via Seek or email your resume to [email protected] or, alternatively, for a confidential chat about the role please call 02 9549 5753.