- Are you interested in bringing your skills to one of Australia’s leading regional and community-based Mental Health Service providers?
- Multiple FT or PT roles available to suit your lifestyle, based in Mount Isa
- Excellent starting salaries for Mental Health Professionals, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus 5 weeks annual leave, relocation assistance, rental subsidy!
Come for the life experience, stay for the lifestyle
North and West Remote Health (NWRH) is currently seeking adaptable Psychologists (various levels) or Mental Health Accredited Social Workers to join their team as a Mental Health Professional in Mount Isa, and travelling to the Lower Gulf Communities of Doomadgee, Mornington Island and Normanton, to name a few.
Your primary responsibility will be to deliver high-quality mental health assessment, treatment and intervention services, as well as psycho-social support, in home support and other practical supports within the community.
These roles are offered on a full-time or part-time basis to suit your lifestyle!
As a Mental Health Professional with NWRH you will have the opportunity to expand your skillset whilst working with a broad range of clients, including children and adults, older persons, and those experiencing mild to moderate mental health concerns.
You will be traveling to various and culturally diverse communities, including discrete First Nations areas across the North-Western regions of Queensland. The NWRH team often cover a lot of distance and you will have the opportunity to see very remote parts of Australia.
Helping those who may not otherwise receive healthcare and support, you’ll get to see the real difference your work makes in their lives, allowing clients to live and receive treatment locally.
It’s challenging, but we make a difference.
NWRH are seeking dedicated individuals who are culturally sensitive and adaptable. Although we provide support and we value working as a team we also require staff with the ability to work autonomously.
You will have high-level communication and negotiation skills to establish and support respectful and trusting relationships with individuals, teams, NWRH staff and the community at large.
Seasoned candidates are encouraged to apply, provided you have current registration with AHPRA.
Suitable professions include:
- A Registered Psychologist (Provisional Psychologists are welcome and encouraged to apply)
- Mental Health Certified Nurse
- Mental health Accredited Social Workers
- We are also very interested in providing student placements and work experience.
Our teams come from across Australia and include a wide range of ages, skills, and specialisations, so you’ll be working with the best! This variety enables us to collaborate in our engagement with clients and learn from one another’s viewpoints.
While not mandatory, experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds will be highly regarded.
We love our work – so will you!
If you have a solid sense of adventure, are up for a new challenge, and are genuinely interested in making a real difference, this could be the role for you!
You’ll be joining a fantastic support network, from your colleagues in both Mount Isa and Townsville, to the wider NWRH team of allied health professionals.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll receive an excellent starting salary, commensurate with your qualifications and experience, PLUS a range of additional benefits, including:
- Up to $15,900 salary sacrificing;
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%;
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Relocation Assistance;
- Rental Subsidy; and
- Professional Development opportunities.
For further questions please contact Salamah Osuji on [email protected]
- You will need a current, unrestricted ‘C’ class Australian Driver’s Licence;
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia;
- Have or be willing to obtain annual influenza and be fully vaccinated against Covid-19; and
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply