Mental Health Social Worker or Psychologist Position
With Grace Therapy
With Grace Therapy is a small therapy practice delivering counselling, social work, professional supervision, workshops and training. We provide a mix of face to face, outreach and online sessions. Our office is located in Kedron that is accessible, light filled, quiet and has secure parking. We are a values driven organisation and our work is driven by our values of compassion, connection, integrity, respect and purpose. We also like to balance all the work with a lot of fun!
Due to increased growth, we are looking for one full time or part time position (minimum 4 days per week) for an experienced accredited mental health social worker (AMHSW) or registered psychologist. You will be passionate and interested in working with a range of individuals, families and carers within the areas of mental health, disability, aged care and veterans.
Your case load will be diverse in presentations and needs and you will be required to do a range of psychological interventions including assessment, counselling, capacity building, advocacy and complex problem solving.
A good working knowledge of mental health and disability is required due to the needs of the people you are working with. It would be advantageous if you have experience working within the NDIS system and supporting participants to work towards achieving NDIS goals as outlined in their NDIS Plans. You will have opportunities to develop your social work/psychology practice in a supportive and ethical organisation that values your contributions and wants to see you succeed.
A DAY IN THE ROLE OF A THIS ROLE CAN INCLUDE
- Undertaking high quality intake and comprehensive assessments to develop, implement, monitor and review their plan and outcomes.
- Providing professional counselling and evidenced based psychological interventions with adults and young people (e.g. ACT, CBT, DBT)
- Maintaining accurate and timely case notes
- Developing professional and concise reports in accordance with operational and legislative requirements
- Attending regular stakeholder meetings, building and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Provide input into processes and procedures to improve internal and external operations.
- Developing resources for individuals and groups determined by participant needs
- Creating and delivering group therapy programs – if this is your interest area
- Attending team meetings and supervision
- Additional tasks as directed
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Flexible working options
- Competitive salary
- Supportive, innovative and positive work culture
- Professional development opportunities + personal professional development fund
- Monthly supervision
- Grow with a small business and develop your skills and practice
- Bachelor or Masters of Social Work and membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) as an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker or relevant qualifications in Psychology and Membership with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a General or Clinical Psychologist.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a social worker or psychologist
- Excellent understanding of issues faced by people with mental health and/or disability and social determinants of health. Working knowledge of NDIS.
- Compassionate, person-centred and trauma informed clinicians
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, great time management skills and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A current open QLD driver’s license and road worthy vehicle, insurance to a minimum level covering third party property damage (comprehensive cover is recommended)
- Proof of NDIS Orientation Module, or willing to obtain
- National Worker Screening, Working with children check (blue + yellow cards) + National Police Check
- Is competent with using Microsoft programs and video platforms (MS Teams)
- Committed to professional development and maintenance of current evidence-based practice
- Understanding of the needs of diverse communities such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), and LGBTIQA+ communities.
With Grace Therapy is committed to building an inclusive and diverse organisation that reflects the people we advocate and support. We welcome and encourage applications from all people, people living with a disability, LGBTIQA+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people.