Psychologist/Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
Mind at Work Psychology
Ivanhoe and St Albans, Melbourne VIC
Psychology (Healthcare & Medical)
Permanent Part-Time or Full-Time
Mind@Work Psychology is an established private practice located in the north of Melbourne area with a great reputation for quality client outcomes. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated practitioner to work across our Ivanhoe and St Albans locations between 2-3 days per week in a salaried role. There will be additional opportunities to work with couples and groups, if desired. Applications are sought from experienced practitioners and recent graduates who hold full registration with AHPRA. Hours can be flexible. Please feel free to call and chat with us about your preferences regarding working hours.
What we can offer you:
- Clients ready and waiting to be booked in
- Clinical supervision for free with a board approved Supervisor
- Regular team peer supervision
- Excellent administrative and reception support
- Flexible working hours & options
- Varied case load
- Lovely professional room for clients with onsite parking
- Opportunity to work with clients of different ages, couples or family groups
Our Practice Director:
Emma Clarris is an endorsed clinical and counselling psychologist with extensive experience in individual and group counselling. She has tertiary qualifications in Law, Masters Degrees in Counselling Psychology, Criminology (Forensic Psychology). Emma is a board registered Supervisor and has completed a Masters of Clinical Psychology.
About the role
Be part of a friendly team; enjoy flexibility, and job satisfaction without the stress and further develop your skills in a multi-disciplinary practice. The role entails providing long-term individual, couple and group counselling to a wide range of clients with a variety of mental health concerns. The role is 2-3 days per week and hours can be negotiated as per availability. There will be opportunity to increase days if desired.
Our admin team provides full administration -taking care of client bookings, referrals, payments, marketing and I.T. so you can concentrate on what you do best.
The right person for the job:
We are looking for a practitioner who is able to work autonomously. You have a positive attitude and a collaborative can-do, recovery focused approach towards your clients and your work within the wider practice. You also have a strong desire to work in an inclusive, non-discriminatory practice.
We offer competitive remuneration with potential for growth. We are also supportive of our practitioners working in other settings because we believe this promotes a fresh, innovative and dynamic team with a breadth of professional experience.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Full unconditional registration with AHPRA
- Competency in a range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions
- Experience in working with a wide range of mental health issues and presentations
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to practicing with integrity and to excellent quality service provision
- Ability to be flexible, to work autonomously
- Looking for a medium to long-term role if you are happy
- Prepare and maintain all records, reports and documents as required for external funders
- Ability to manage caseload independently, but collaboratively in a team environment.
- You have Professional Indemnity & Public Liability Insurance
- Eligible to apply for a Medicare provider number
- Own ABN or are eligible to apply for one
- Access to own laptop/iPad/mobile phone
You must be willing to complete a Police Check, WWCC, Disability Worker Exclusion check.
Applications are being accepted until COB Tuesday 5 October 2023.
Please attach a current CV and Cover Letter outlining your experience. If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Emma on 0431532637.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume of training and clinical experience to Emma Clarris: [email protected]