We are currently recruiting for a Psychologist, Provisional Psychologist or Social Worker for our Gippsland region. You will provide a range of counselling and therapeutic services to job seekers with various mental health conditions and complex psycho-social needs. Part time and full time options available. The role requires travel to various sites within Gippsland including Wangatha, Leongatha, Moe, Morwell, Traralgon, Bairnsdale and Lake Entrances.
Operating from 91 locations across Australia, Employment Plus is the largest NFP servicing the Federal Government’s programs including jobactive which has now changed to “Workforce Australia” in 2022, Transition to Work and Disability employment services. Since 1998, our experienced employment teams have worked with over 200,000 businesses across Australia, placing well over half a million Australians into employment.
The Allied Health team plays an important part in the support of people experiencing hardships and barriers to employment. Apply for this role if you are seeking a rewarding role, and one that will provide you with a broad range of experience.
About the role:
- Conduct comprehensive psychological and vocational assessment for referred job seekers, including the use of appropriate psychological tests and assessment tools
- Provide counselling and therapeutic interventions to job seekers to address psychological barriers to obtaining employment
- Provide consultation support to employment staff in the region
- Liaise with internal and external service providers to develop and maintain relevant links and networks to strengthen services for EPlus job seekers
- Effectively communicate with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence-based interventions and clinical practice as well as demonstrated practical application.
- Previous experience working with people with various mental health conditions and complex psycho-social needs, including drugs and alcohol dependency
- Experience in the delivery of counselling services to vulnerable individuals
- Experience in assessing individual’s needs and making appropriate referrals to enhance supports
- Experience in managing people at risk, including suicide and violence risks
- Knowledge of employment services and community services sector
- Proactively develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships to facilitate the achievement of work goals
- An understanding of the role employment has in maintaining good mental and physical health
- High level of passion and energy that motivates others
- Must have current drivers license, with the ability and flexibility to travel to Employment Plus sites
What we offer:
- Weekly group supervision and regular individual group supervision
- Opportunities for provisional psychologists to develop their competencies in preparation for full registration
- Flexibility for provisional psychologists to complete provisional registration program
- Opportunities for newly registered psychologists to develop the essential core areas of practice to ensure you become confident in practicing as a psychologist
- Opportunities for fully registered psychologists to take on projects, and take the lead in various initiatives as they occur
- Allocation of a mentor to guide and assist you for induction into your role
- Be supported by the Allied Health Manager who is an AHPRA approved supervisor who has been providing supervision services for over 8 years, and has worked in the mental health and disability sectors for over 13 years.
- In-house training on core areas of practice including assessment, formulation, Intervention and treatment amongst various other practical topics
- Join a fantastic team of psychologists and social workers who work closely together and support each other.
- Opportunity for an accrued day off every 4 weeks (for full time employees)
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration, you will enjoy generous tax free salary packaging benefits
Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA; Provisional or General registration) or current full membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is required.
A current Working with Children Check or relevant state equivalent is a mandatory requirement for this position. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a police check, it is not mandatory to have a clear criminal history.
If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to this challenging yet rewarding role, we invite you to submit your CV along with the covering letter telling us why you think you are the best person for the role via the link below.
The Salvation Army requires all employees and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community. We also adhere to all current and future health directives that affect our employees. Please consider this requirement when applying to a position at The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army Employment Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.