HelpingMinds® is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
The Psychosocial Recovery coach will support participants to take more control of their lives and to better manage the complex challenges of day-to-day living. They will work collaboratively with participants, their families, carers and other services to design, plan and implement a recovery plan, and assist with the coordination of NDIS and other supports.
For a comprehensive overview please refer to our Work with Us page: https://helpingminds.org.au/about-us/work-with-us/
To be considered for this role candidates will need to have the below essential qualifications and experience
Essential qualifications include:
- Minimum of Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work/Certificate IV Mental Health AND/OR minimum of two years’ experience in mental health related peer work.
- Current Drivers License
- Current Covid-19 Vaccinations
- In line with HelpingMinds policy, WA Government Health Directions and Public Health Orders, the successful candidate will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and as such will need to provide evidence of their COVID-19 Vaccination status prior to commencement.
The successful candidate will also have, or be willing to obtain as a condition of employment the below listed certificates:
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to effectively utilise NDIS packages by using their knowledge of the NDIS
- A passion for coaching and supporting others to learn and overcome their barriers whilst always instilling hope;
- Knowledge of the recovery model, complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including advocacy and report writing skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, be non-judgmental, be fair, patient, have a willingness to listen, and display empathy;
- Demonstrated client centred approach with the ability to work in partnership with others to achieve best outcomes for the client;
- Demonstrated capacity to engage with and empower people to achieve their identified goals within a structured individual recovery plan;
- Well-developed IT skills, with experience using Microsoft products and databases
What you’ll receive in return:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
Additional benefits include:
- Generous superannuation contributions starting at 11.5%, increasing to 12.5% once reaching one year of continuous service
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- Professional development and support around training opportunities
- Great annual leave entitlements starting at 5 weeks per year (pro rata). Increasing to six weeks (pro rata) once reaching three years of continuous service
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health. Increasing to three days at three years of contusions service (pro rata)
- ICT Equipment Provided
- Mileage Reimbursed
- Access to EAP services
- A supportive team environment
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited.
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA , people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues