Safety and Support Hub Practitioner
Multiple opportunities available
Part time hours 15.2 hours to 38 hours per week. Negotiable
Colac Area Health is a values based organisation providing a unique integrated health service comprising of over 500 employees, providing Acute Care, Aged Care, Community and Allied Health Services.
The Barwon Orange Door (BOD) is an intake service comprised of several specialist services including child and family services, child protection, and specialist woman’s and men’s family violence partner agencies.. Together the BOD provides integrated screening, intake, triage, response and assessment for:
- Vulnerable families in need of support with the care, wellbeing and development of their children and young people including unborns;
- Woman, children and young people experiencing family violence;
- Perpetrators of family violence.
Colac Area Health is a partner agency of the BOD servicing the Colac Otway Shire. The role will largely be based at the Colac Access Point providing screening, intake and triage with some assessment and response work. The practitioner will need to provide their expertise to both Child and Family and Family Violence referrals received by the BOD and apply a trauma-informed approach that promotes client’s choice and empowerment.
- A Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent qualification or a willingness to work towards the minimum qualification. https://www.vic.gov.au/mandatory-minimum-qualifications-specialist-family-violence-practitioners
- Experience in working with families and children with complex needs in a confidential, flexible and responsive manner, including providing comprehensive MARAM risk assessment and safety planning
- Ability to work with people from varying socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Working within a multidisciplinary team with a focus on integrated and collaborative practice
- Ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant frameworks and legislation related to Family Violence and Child wellbeing including the MARAM Framework, Best Interests Case Practice Model, Family Violence Protection Act (2008); Family Violence and Child Information Sharing Schemes, and, the Children, Youth and Families Act (2005).
- Demonstrated attention to detail with well-developed administrative and organisational skills to effectively manage high volumes of work and determine priorities whilst maintaining confidentiality and meeting targets and deadlines
- Confidence in providing effective and appropriate communication with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Computer skills in a Windows and Google Drive environment including: work processing, data collection and entry, internet and email
- Willingness to participate in further training and professional development
- Current Drivers Licence and Working with Children Check
Applications close Monday 18th July 2022
To apply or for further information visit: https://colacareahealth.mercury.com.au
Position is subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check, Working With Children Check and participation in CAH’s Immunisation Program
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
We at Colac Area Health are proud to be totally smoke free.