- Work within an innovative and passionate multidisciplinary team who are a wealth of knowledge
- Provide clinical and line management supervision for staff within Jigsaw Colac
- $20,000 government grant for successful applicant to relocate to Colac
- Ideal work/life balance – Permanent part time – 64 hours per fortnight
About the service
Barwon Health’s Mental health, Drugs and Alcohol Services (MHDAS) provides integrated and recovery orientated mental health and drug and alcohol assessment, treatment, harm reduction and community and family support to people of all ages within the Barwon Region currently experiencing, or at risk of experiencing mental health and/or drug and alcohol issues. Our service is internationally recognised for its innovative clinical programs and integrated models of practice that are consumer centred, accessible and family inclusive. We are fortunate to enjoy excellent internal relationships and have developed excellent partnerships with local community that provide for seamless integrated care for our clients.
About the facility
Jigsaw provides specialist early intervention for young people (16-25) with or at risk of developing a psychotic disorder and treatment services for young people with drug and alcohol and/or high prevalence disorders. Jigsaw have offices in Colac, North Geelong and Geelong CBD. Under the auspice of the wider Barwon Health Mental Health & Drug Alcohol Service, it also forms a central component of the headspace Geelong Consortia and is actively involved in service development and innovation to assist in the national campaign to promote early and effective mental health and drug and alcohol interventions for young people.
About the role
As the successful candidate of the Senior Clinician position, you will form part of the intimate Jigsaw Colac team. This position, along with the remainder of Jigsaw, participates in the provision of mental health, drug and alcohol care to young people aged 16 to 25 years in the Barwon Region. Specifically, this role is responsible for the delivery of best practice, evidence-based treatment and support to young people with complex needs including drug and alcohol comorbidity and homelessness. Other duties of your role include:
- Providing clinical and line management supervision for staff within Jigsaw Colac
- Actively contributing to the leadership of Jigsaw and relevant service development initiatives
About the culture
You will be working within an innovative, passionate multidisciplinary team who are a wealth of knowledge. You will receive support and guidance from team members and management who work within the Barwon Health values- respect, compassion, commitment, accountability and innovation.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional Development
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Attractive salary packaging benefits!
- Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings and some accommodation expenditure
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Applicants for this role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.