headspace Southport is operated by Lives Lived Well, a progressive, for purpose organisation, delivering leading edge clinical services aimed at supporting people to live their lives well.
Lighthouse is one of our teams at headspace. The Lighthouse team is a recovery-oriented service which aims to provide access to effective, safe and appropriate care for adolescents (aged 12 – 18 years) who are experiencing the impacts of complex trauma in their lives. We support young people, and their family/carers/kin, who have been affected by adverse childhood experiences, to learn skills around the management of symptoms and promote hope in healing so that the young person can fulfil their potential.
We deliver evidence-based treatment and therapies within an optimistic, youth friendly culture. Lighthouse works to an internationally agreed set of best practice principles of care, following the Blue Knot Practice Guidelines for Treatment of Complex Trauma.
About the Role
As part of a small multi-disciplinary team, the Senior Mental Health Clinician will share responsibility with the Team Leader for clinical guidance of the team, and provide clinical supervision to other staff members. The Senior Mental Health Clinician will oversee and provide comprehensive mental health assessment, therapeutic interventions and clinical care coordination to young people who have severe and complex mental health presentations as a result of a complex trauma history.
The Senior Mental Health Clinician will also provide family support and interventions for the young person’s family/carers/kin, as required. This position is based at headspace Southport and working within Gold Coast PHN region.
Here’s what we have on offer
- A focus on wellbeing – 5 extra paid wellness leave days off each year
- Salary packaging – full salary packaging can increase your take-home pay by around $18,540 per annum.
- Learning opportunities – a comprehensive induction program and ongoing capability development.
- Clinical Supervision – a structured program to support your practice.
- Career options – we run multiple services across QLD and NSW and have many opportunities to progress your career.
To be successful in the role, you need to be an engaging individual with the ability to connect with clients who are navigating mental health challenges and difficult life experiences. You must have a genuine passion and commitment to making a positive difference to young people and their family.
You will also possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant health service discipline such as Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing.
- Demonstrated experience (minimum 3 years) in working with young people who have experienced complex trauma, including completion of mental health assessments, clinical interventions, psychosocial treatment, and family work.
- Experience providing clinical supervision to staff.
- Evidence of training and experience in relevant trauma informed mental health therapies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality assessment and evidence-based psychological interventions, within a recovery framework for young people.
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or Eligibility for membership with Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is desirable.
The base salary for this role starts at $89,908 per annum + super and salary packaging. The salary offered to the successful applicant will be commensurate with their experience, skills and qualifications.
Click ‘apply’ and go to our LLW Careers page and submit your application. Please note we only accept applications through our Careers page. Applicants will be contacted if they are successful in being offered an interview.
Applications close on Friday, 29 July 2022
For questions or information about the role, email [email protected]
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural, and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Peoples.
Confirmation of employment will be subject to the candidate’s possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence, Working with Children Check (Blue Card), and evidence of your Covid-19 vaccination status.