TOGETHER, WE CAN CREATE OUTSTANDING!
GVCASA Senior Counsellor – Adults and Families
GVCASA | Trauma Informed Services Team – Nixon Street Campus
- Permanent Part Time
- 72 Hours per fortnight
About GV Health
At GV Health we are so much more than a regional health service. As the largest employer in the region, we work with purpose and pride and are committed to respecting and embracing diversity, inclusion and accessibility for our people and community.
It is an exciting time to join our GV Health team! We are currently in the midst of an exciting $229 million transformation of our Graham Street site, which comprises of a five-storey Inpatient Unit building, expansion of our current theatre capacity, new Critical Care Unit, a state of-the-art Dialysis Unit and an extension of the current Emergency Department.
About the role
Goulburn Valley Centre Against Sexual Assault (GVCASA) provides a range of services to people who have been affected by sexual assault to recover from the trauma of the assault and its consequences; and to work towards the reduced incidence of sexual violence within the community.
GVCASA are seeking a dynamic and passionate person to lead our Adults and Families Counsellor Advocate team as the Senior Counsellor Advocate (Adults and Families). The Senior Counsellor Advocate (Adults & Families) will provide innovative advanced therapeutic services and advocacy support for adults who have been impacted by sexual assault, their non-offending family members and significant other people. The role will be responsible for leading and providing oversight of the professional development, supervision, and performance review of individual therapeutic counsellors working with adults and their families.
This position is an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives. If you have a tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or another relevant discipline, and at least 4 years experience providing counselling/ therapeutic services with experience in trauma counselling and/or sexual assault counselling, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you. The successful applicant will possess excellent communication, decision making, advocacy, supervision, networking and negotiations skills.
As our services are provided across the region, we welcome applications from Wallan, Seymour, Numurkah, Cobram, Shepparton and surrounds. Family friendly and flexible work hours would be considered.
We are looking for:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work or Psychology or other relevant profession, and be eligible for full membership of the AASW, APS or other relevant professional body
- Substantial (minimum of 4 years’ experience) in provision of counselling and therapeutic services working with people who have experienced sexual assault\trauma
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing clinical supervision, inter-agency networking and service co-ordination
- Demonstrated capacity to provide therapeutic counselling and support to adults and families using a variety of client focused, trauma informed modalities that support healing from trauma
Our offer to you:
- Generous salary packaging, subsidised staff parking and discounted leisure memberships
- Flexible work practices and options to purchase additional leave to help create some important work/life balance
- Professional development and study leave to help reach your learning and career goals
- Social club membership offering a range of events, functions and local community discounts
- Our CREATE Outstanding reward and recognition program
Great things happen here in Shepparton. If you would like to learn more about what it is like to work, live and play in the Shepparton region please click here.
Applications close: 15 August 2022