Want a job that‘s just wow?
What would life at Uluru be like?
As a Senior Counsellor living onsite at Uluru, Ayers Rock Resort, you can knock off work for the day to watch a vibrant sunset over iconic and culturally significant landmarks, trade stories around a fire crackling on ancient red soil or look up at a sky filled with a billion stars. Come and join a family of like-minded local and international adventurers, hungry for experiences that are just wow!
Who we‘re seeking?
An approachable, self-motivated, enthusiastic and self-aware Senior Counselor who can provided evidence-based relationship focused therapeutic assessment and psychological support to our staff. We do this through short term counselling, small group work and health promotion sessions. You will be committed to thinking outside of the box and providing creative approaches to proactively enhancing the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples within Ayers Rock Resort. We have a strong focus on Indigenous Employment and this role works closely with the National Indigenous Training Academy as well as all employees across the resort.
As this role is extremely vital within on wellbeing team, we have strong requirements for this role and all applicants must have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, including current membership with or eligibility to obtain membership with the AASW
- Significant (10 years plus) experience working therapeutically with clients with complex challenges including complex trauma, mental health and alcohol and other drugs in both a group and individual setting.
- Work within a supportive, trauma informed SEWB framework
- Proven experience in applying a range of evidenced based counselling modalities to respond
appropriately to diverse client needs (ACT, CBT, DBT, Motivational Interviewing, Narrative Therapy etc)
What‘s in it for you?
So much! You’ll get discounted accommodation, competitive pay, resort discounts, delicious on-shift meals, casual multi-hire opportunities, a relocation assistance payment and access to a staff pool, gym, and Residents Club. On top of that, our unique induction program includes an Anangu guided tour around Uluru and a cultural dot painting workshop. In your spare time you can explore the Red Centre and have genuine, enriching experiences in one-of-a-kind destinations.
We’re committed to your growth within our company. To show you we mean it, we provide incentives and bonuses which are up for grabs after you’ve been with us for a year. These include rental discounts, a $700 vacation bonus and resort vouchers for your workaversary. We’re all about high performers, so to help you keep kicking goals, we offer many and varied development opportunities and performance incentives to our high achieving team members.
View our company profile to learn more about us and this incredible opportunity!
If you’re an eternal adventurer searching for jaw-dropping experiences, shoot your application through now!
- To be eligible to work at Ayers Rock Resort you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- A National Criminal History Check is a mandatory step in the recruitment process.
- We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.