Lives Lived Well is a leading support organisation for people who have problems with alcohol and drugs as well as other addictions such as gambling and associated mental health issues. We provide support services including residential rehabilitation and community counselling in more than 40 locations across Queensland and NSW.
Mirikai offers a residential alcohol and drug treatment program, which is part of a continuous package of care. Residents will undertake an evidence-based live-in program, to maximise their chances to make a successful transition.
Here’s what we have on offer
- Wellness leave – up to 5 extra paid days off each year (pro-rated for part-timers).
- Salary packaging – full salary packaging can increase your take-home pay by around $18,540 per annum.
- A focus on wellbeing – self-care, support and a holistic view of health and wellness.
- Learning opportunities – a comprehensive induction program and ongoing capability development.
- We will listen to you. Our people have important insights.
- Opportunity to be part of Lives Lived Well community of practice forums.
About the role
This is a full-time, permanent position. This varied role enables you to work independently, facilitating a program delivering psychological support. You will have scope to make it your own and bring your passion and skillset.
Working as part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team for an innovative and solutions-focussed organisation, you will provide services to a young to middle aged cohort.
This position would suit someone who has a strong interest in AOD. In this role, you will work with clients in a drug and alcohol residential rehab as well as wider community that have co-morbid mental health and substance misuse.
You will also support provisional psychologists in training, by supervising Masters Psychology Student placements and help the students grow professionally.
We are looking for someone who has a holistic approach to care, understands welfare needs and provides specialist expertise in the development and delivery of evidence informed individual and group therapeutic interventions.
Additionally, you will also possess the following skills and experience.
- Minimum bachelor level tertiary qualification in psychology, social work or counselling.
- Highly developed consultation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate an evidence-based psychotherapy skillset.
- 2 years post graduate experience in the delivery of face-to-face psychotherapy and evidence based therapeutic practice in AOD and/or mental health settings, including working with clients with complex needs is highly desirable.
The base salary range for this role is $96,962 to $101,250 per annum plus superannuation, depending on skills and experience.
Ready to inspire change with us?
Click ‘apply’ and go to our LLW Careers page and submit your application. Please note we only accept applications through our Careers page.
For questions or information about the role, email: [email protected].
Application closing on Monday, 11 July 2022
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Peoples.
Confirmation of employment will be subject to the candidate’s possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence, completed Australian Criminal History Check, and the provision of evidence in compliance with LLW’s applicable vaccine policy.