Uniting Communities is a leading not-for-profit organisation, working across South Australia through more than 90 community service programs. Our team of over 1500 staff and volunteers support and engage with more than 80,000 South Australians each year. We strive to build compassionate communities and great lives through community strengthening, quality service delivery and advocacy.
About The Role
Uniting Communities is seeking a Senior Practitioner to join our Therapeutic Counselling Services Team. The role is a permanent full-time position, however flexible work arrangements can be offered for the right candidate.
Our Therapeutic Counselling Services (TCS) have been providing affordable counselling services to South Australian individuals and families for more than 40 years. We work with people facing a broad range of concerns in their lives, with key focus areas of family and relationship, domestic and family violence, supporting children who have experienced or witnessed violence, and working with perpetrators who have a history of using violence within their relationships.
Based at our Adelaide office, the role is responsible for the following
- Ensuring that client practice across TCS is of a high professional standard.
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of the counselling team.
- Supporting continuous quality improvement of the TCS Service.
- Maintaining effective relationships with partner organisations.
At a minimum you will possess tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, or Counselling with experience in the following areas:
- Professional experience in the delivery of counselling to children, young people, adults, couples and families
- Professional experience in the provision of counselling supervision
- Experience in working with people affected by family and domestic violence, including perpetrators
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches including narrative therapy and family therapy
- Professional experience in the management of counselling services
- Understanding of the implications of key feminist-poststructuralist concepts for therapeutic practice
- Supporting and maintaining innovative service development initiatives
About the Remuneration
The salary range will be dependent on experience and/or qualifications. We provide generous salary packaging benefits that enable you to increase and maximise your take home salary. In addition, other available benefits include; paid maternity leave, early intervention Physio Program, and discounted private health insurance. Check out our benefits at www.unitingcommunities.org
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position description and a current resume including the names of 2 current referees.
As an organisation, we are committed to protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are required to work within our code of conduct and undergo relevant pre-employment checks.