The Geraldton Regional Aboriginal Medical Service is seeking to fill the above position in its Clinic in Geraldton.
- Ability to work with Indigenous people from all backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the principles of cultural safety including an ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Knowledge of evidence based and culturally appropriate approaches to mental health, SEWB and AOD issues within Aboriginal communities.
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history, and current issues affecting lives of Aboriginal people.
- Understanding of Aboriginal Community Control in the context of health care.
- The ability to travel throughout the Midwest, Murchison and Gascoyne Region
- Ability and willingness to work outside normal business hours.
- The person identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and is acknowledged as such by their community.
It’s essential that the candidate has an unrestricted “C” class drivers licence and the ability to pass a Police Clearance and Drug and Alcohol testing.
For further information or if you would like to become a part of the GRAMS Social Emotional Wellbeing team and work towards improving the health of Aboriginal people please request an application package by contacting the Human Resource Team via E-mail: [email protected] or
Closing Date: Friday 29th of July 2022