The Department of Health is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for a Social Worker vacancy.
Please note this position is also being advertised as a Registered Nurse – Community Forensic Mental Health Services (512555) and only one position will be filled on merit.
Is it time to take those social work skills to a different level?
Looking to challenge yourself on complex clients within a forensic service without being based in a prison?
Enjoy working in the community but are tired of huge caseloads and feeling like you are not making a difference?
Community Forensic Mental Health Service is hiring!
We are looking for case managers with strong clinical skills seeking to continue their careers within the forensic space, or embark on a new career supporting forensic mental health clients.
Our ideal candidates will have broad experience in the delivery of mental health services and a passion for delivering innovative mental health care within a multidisciplinary team environment. We are seeking ambitious, dynamic, organised, enthusiastic people who can work effectively with the community team, as well as with a range of external stakeholders.
You will be working with comprehensive support and encouragement from an experienced team. Ongoing education and supervision are greatly valued within our service and are offered and supported as required.
The Community Forensic Mental Health Service is a statewide service, and multiple vacant positions are in both Launceston and Hobart regions. We work Monday to Friday 0830 – 1706 with flexible arrangements for those not looking for full time work.
For an overview of this employment opportunity, contact Community Forensic Mental Health Service Assistant Director of Nursing David Movric at [email protected] .
Note: – Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Some intra-state travel may be required
Details of Appointment:
Permanent, full time, day work position working 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Mental Health Services – Launceston and Hobart
To explore our island and discover what Tasmania has to offer, visit Discover Tasmania | Attractions, Places To Visit & Accommodation
Base Salary: $96,689 to $114,391 per annum + 10.5% superannuation
- Please note that access to salaries beyond $105,245 is subject to qualifications and/or application to the personal upgrade scheme
- This position attracts a 6.5% Correctional Health Allowance.
- Salary range is in accordance with Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Professional Development Allowance of up to $724 per annum for the ability to accrue fund up to five years
- Post graduate qualification salary advancement where applicable
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Degree in Social Work giving eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Current Driver’s Licence
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- Department of Health – Applicant Guide June 22.pdf
- Department of Health – Applicant Guide June 22.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue “Apply now” button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information (Contact Officer)
To apply for this role, please go to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for vacancy number 512555d.
Applications close: 31 July 2022 at 11:55pm
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.