- Make a difference at one of Australia’s leading health care providers
- Generous salary packaging benefits, ongoing professional development and supportive team environment
- Working within a multidisciplinary team in one of the first Nurse Practitioner led Palliative care units
About the role
- Apply knowledge, skills, professional judgement and initiative in the delivery of social work services including novel, complex or difficult tasks under limited supervision.
- Promote high quality patient outcomes for social work clients through involvement in the multidisciplinary team, networking and education.
- Provide a Social Work Service that includes bio-psycho-social assessment, crisis/supportive counselling, therapeutic brief intervention, case management, consultation and referral as required.
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team including liaison and negotiation in complex case management, casework, assessment, and counselling.
- Undertake administrative duties including documentation of interventions, preparation of reports, maintenance of records, quality improvement activities and provision of regular statistical information as required.
- Initiate innovative care and action plans that empower patient’s ability to continue to live independently, respecting patient self-determination and safety requirement.
- Provide grief, and bereavement counselling as required to families in the Palliative Care Service.
What you bring
- An appropriate degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership and accreditation with the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Demonstrated clinical experience and understanding of the psychosocial impact of grief, loss and bereavement.
- Demonstrated well-developed time management skills with excellent written and verbal communication, including report-writing skills.
- Demonstrated skills in working in partnership with patients and their relatives including culturally and linguistically diverse patients.
- A desire to join a team committed to the care of others in a mission based organisation
We are a leading provider of quality, integrated care that puts our patients, residents and clients at the centre of everything we do. Calvary offers flexible careers in clinical, allied health, hospitality, ICT and health administration, mission, leadership, management and more. Founded in Australia in 1885, we’re one of the largest providers of health, aged and community care with over 18,000 staff and volunteers, 14 Public and Private Hospitals, 72 Residential Care and Retirement Communities and 19 Community Care Centres.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and are committed to fostering a workplace that is respectful, welcoming and inclusive where people are supported to draw strengths from their identity, culture and community. We value the integral dignity of each person and we encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ people, people who have come to Australia as migrants or refugees and veterans.
Why work for Calvary?
Joining us is your opportunity to learn with purpose and drive positive impact to our community in a stimulating work environment. We offer paid parental leave, salary packaging, career progression, flexible working hours and training and skills development. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality. Further details are available here: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/careers/benefits/
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an organisation that supports the community, apply now!
Please note the following:
- Only applicants with a valid right to work in Australia will be considered.
- As part of the application process, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, to ensure your suitability for the role.
- Calvary has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all workers. You will also be required to provide evidence of other immunisation as required for your role including MMR, DTPA and complete tuberculosis screening.
- Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.