Youth Enhanced Support Service (YESS) of Uniting provides early intervention and wrap-around mental health services to young people with the aim of minimising the impact and distress caused by the experience of early onset severe or complex mental health conditions to young people and their families.
- Mental Health Social Worker or Psychologist or Reg Nurse or Occupational Therapist
- $65K – $75K dep on experience +Super +Salary packaging benefits
- Oatlands close to Parramatta + some Work from Home
This role is responsible for the provision of comprehensive, evidence-based clinical care coordination, psychological and psychosocial interventions to young people accessing the service consistent with the model of care. The Clinician will be responsible for individual case management, care coordination and family work. They will support consumers in their psychosocial recovery aiming to optimise their overall functioning in line with their recovery goals
As the Clinician, your role will include but not limited to:
- Work as a part of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure timely access for young people and families
- Provide comprehensive early intervention and care co-ordination to young people to assist them in achieving the goals and actions outlined in their care/management plan
- To participate in clinical review and supervision, ensuring service standards are met
Approved tertiary qualifications in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work with full registration with AHPRA or eligible for membership with the AASW, or equivalent and relevant to the field of work
Typically this role will require 2-5 or more years’ experience of clinical practice field within the mental health providing high quality triage, assessment and evidence based psychological interventions where required.
• Ability to work independently and is required to exercise independent judgment on routine matters
• Willingness to work independently or with professional supervision from more senior members of the profession or health team when performing novel, complex, or critical tasks
• Demonstrated ability to provide high quality assessment and evidence based functional recovery and psychological interventions, within a stress-vulnerability and recovery framework for young people
• Contribute to the evaluation and analysis of guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to their clinical/professional work and may be required to contribute to the supervision of discipline specific students
• Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and coordinate a comprehensive bio-psycho-social approach and interventions to meet the needs of clients.
• Demonstrated a commitment to continuing professional development and may have contributed to workplace education through clinical supervision, training and education through the provision of seminars, lectures or in-services
• Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act (2007) and the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act (1998) and other relevant legislation
• An understanding of recovery model principles and ability to implement these in clinical practice
• Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and deliver individualised psychological interventions to meet the needs of consumers based on a case formulation approach
• Current NSW Driver’s license and Current Working with Children’s Check
Experience in the non-for-profit sector
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Position criteria.
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging entitlements
- Ongoing training & development, including cultural awareness training
- Career development opportunities
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.