The position of Social Worker is located in Canberra, ACT with potential travel to Regional NSW on occasions.
The successful applicant will provide support for Defence personnel and their families who are requiring assistance for a range of issues with a high degree of complexity.
- Provide social work services face to face and remotely to members and their families who require your support.
- Carry out a variety of welfare and risk assessments.
- Create detailed reports requiring high attention to detail.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to ensure Defence members and their families needs are consistently met.
- Work efficiently across a varied caseload to ensure that reports are created and submitted in line with Defence policy, processes and procedures.
In order to be considered for this role you will be;
- Degree qualified in Social Work
- Able to fit into a supportive and friendly environment where working independently is as important as working in a team.
- You will receive a high level of guidance from a very experienced management team and your skills will be developed in this role.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ postgraduate experience in a social work-related position
- Must have demonstrated crisis intervention and risk assessment skills,
- possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) and have demonstrated report writing skills.
- Available for Full time hours (5 days) per week
- Possess an Australian Drivers license with the ability to occasionally travel to Regional areas of NSW.
- You must be an Australian Citizen
Additional information :
- A number of probity checks are required including holding a current working with children and undertaking National police checks.
Why Partner with Abrs to secure your next role?
Our values aren’t just things we believe in. They’re our entire foundation.
They’re the very reason we exist, and the reason we’ve returned every single cent of profit we’ve earned to charity.
Abrs is Australia’s only charity-owned Not-For-Profit recruitment agency with 100% of our net revenue returned to fund programs that assist children, youth and families.
When you engage with abrs to secure your next career move you are participating in an ethical recruitment process that funds programs in the charity space. Choosing abrs means you are helping us to help some of the most disadvantaged in our communities.
To apply hit APPLY NOW as we are shortlisting for this position NOW.
For a confidential discussion OR to find out more about the role please call Karen Lilley on 0481 382 648