- Opportunity to work autonomously with a supportive team
- Bring your passion and skills to deliver outstanding care to our patients
- Casual position with initial 7 weeks’ full time coverage
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Social Worker looking for a new and exciting position?
Gold Coast Private Hospital is seeking an experienced Social Worker to join our Allied Health team on a casual basis with initial full time coverage for approximately 2 months. Our hospital offers a friendly and supportive staff environment, with our established multidisciplinary teams servicing both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs. This role provides the opportunity to experience a varied caseload across areas including general medical, ICU, cardiac, maternity and oncology.
Our 314 bed, 21 operating theatre facility is conveniently co-located with the Gold Coast University Hospital and Griffith University, forming part of a truly unique healthcare and education precinct.
At Gold Coast Private Hospital, we offer ongoing learning, a comprehensive range of career pathways across specialties and a truly rewarding working experience.
As a Social Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high standard of clinical care
- Contributing to the multidisciplinary care of our patients
- Involvement with both inpatient and outpatient services
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders including doctors, allied health, nurses, patients and their families
- Degree in Social Work and eligibility to the AASW
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in adult acute inpatient hospital experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Skills and experience working in a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team
- Customer focused service delivery
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care. Our people are at the heart of our organisation – no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for.
- Flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
- Continuous professional development, education & support provided to encourage growth
We pride ourselves on working with talented, passionate and caring people to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care and experience during their stay with us.
Come and be the difference in our patient’s lives.
Applications close: 13th August 2022
To Apply: Please click on the ‘Apply’ button to be taken to our online application form. For any questions, please reach out to [email protected]
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, WWCC (where applicable) and Evidence of right to work in Australia prior to appointment. Staff in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker.