Ishar Multicultural Women’s Health Services is seeking a full-time Social Worker for 37.5 hrs. per week, level 4.4 level. Salary packaging and other benefits are offered.
The Social Worker will deliver Case Management for refugee clients who have arrived in Australia in the past five years.
Closing date for applications: 17/07/2022.
Enquires about the position can be directed to Sally Bower – Family Support Services Manager [email protected]
Being female is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement for this position under section 30(2) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984.
About the Organisation:
Ishar has been in existence for over 25 years and is an organisation of women supporting women, with an all-female Board of Management, and all-female staff assisting women and their families from across the world.
Ishar provides health and wellbeing services for women, particularly those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, using a ‘Social Model of Health’ in which the presenting ‘medical’ condition is not separated from the interconnections of personal, social, economic, cultural, age and gender-related problems. Women are provided with information, advice, counselling, training, advocacy, and/or support so they are empowered to deal with their own problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake client case management
- Attend SETS Consortium Partners Operations Team monthly meetings or as required for updates, information and training.
- Keep statistics/ case notes on Ishar Data Base Community Data Solutions (CDS) and DEX (DATA exchange)
- Prepare reports as required by Manager
- Weekly contact with Manager -work updates
- Work at the SETS Welcome Hub (1/2 days per week)
- Attend meeting with CEO and other project officers at Ishar (monthly)
- Attend monthly Ishar staff meeting (monthly)
- Attend Ishar AGM (October)
- Attend SETS Consortium Operations Meetings
- Attend SETS network meetings e.g. Humanitarian Entrants Interagency, Harmony week (March) and Refugee week (June) event meetings.
- SETS Consortium Stakeholder / Peak Bodies Engagement: -for referral and client support in the community.
- Ishar quarterly newsletter as required. This may include providing positive SETS client stories (with their signed consent).
- SETS statistics and summary of the year to the Ishar annual Report and other publications
- Positive Clients Stories to Settlement Council of Australia (SCOA) Newsletter
- Cover for Information Officer- when required
- Undertake formal performance appraisals
Please address the following Selection Criteria in your application
- Tertiary education to degree level with relevant experience in Social Work. Proof of registration with a relevant board with a minimum 1-year experience.
- Demonstrate working with the organization’s values and ability to demonstrate.
- Demonstrate experience of working with women facing challenging situations.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of referring system
- Experience in planning and implementing educational/support groups.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills appropriate to the workplace.
- Well organised with an ability to meet deadlines through effective planning.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Experience in working with women from a CaLD background.
- Current Police Clearance (one-year validity period is acceptable).
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License and own road-worthy insured vehicle.
Checklist for your application
Have you included:
- An application letter including the names of 2 referees.
- Statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current resume.
- Photocopies of relevant qualifications. Please do not send originals.
- Police Clearance certificate dated within the last year.