This interesting opportunity will deliver trauma-informed, therapeutic support to 10-17-year old young people in contact with the juvenile justice system who are temporarily unable to return home, have unstable housing, or are experiencing homelessness, as part of the wraparound support.
- Lead transition planning and work towards safety and wellbeing outcomes for the young person
- Provide therapeutic knowledge, expertise, and support to clients in the programs
- Develop individual therapeutic care plans using trauma-informed intervention and expertise
- Develop, deliver and monitor positive behaviour support strategies
- Provide support to carers, families and support staff including reflective practice sessions and training around trauma and the impact on a young person
- Build strong positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- A degree-level tertiary qualification in a related health field such as Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or counselling.
- Registration with AHPRA, AASW, PACFA or ACA – essential
- Demonstrated experience in delivering therapeutic support services to children, adolescents, and families including child development and the impact of trauma, mental health, AOD and disability
- Comprehensive experience completing assessments, writing therapeutic reports, and care plans with a developed understanding of attachment and trauma theories.
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Salary Packaging is available – increase your take-home pay!
- Great opportunity for learning and furthering your therapeutic skills in this space.
- Opportunity to work from home in a hybrid model