Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Social Worker Lvl 1
Remuneration: 65778 – 77438
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ321111
Advertising Closes: 25th July 2022
What you’ll be doing
To provide an effective and efficient Social Work service that addresses the psychosocial aspects of care for patient, as identified.
To provide intervention including support, education and resources to people in the context of their bio-psycho-social situation, to assist in dealing with health events.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA).
New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. Please provide proof of booster vaccination if available.
Salary will be accordance with NSW Health State Awards for the advertised classification/s. These awards are available at http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/conditions/pages/default.aspx.
AN ELIGIBILITY LIST FROM THIS RECRUITMENT ACTIVITY MAY BE CREATED FOR FUTURE VACANCIES
- Degree in Social Work or other equivalent qualification providing eligibility for membership of the AASW.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Social Work role in the context of Health.
- Demonstrated ability to complete psychosocial assessments and plan intervention as required.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work within a team approach, alongside other disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and facilitate family meetings and coordinate complex case management plans.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written and computer skills, and ability to manage significant workload.