Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Social Worker Lvl 1/2
Remuneration: $33.17 – $48.06 per hour
Hours Per Week: 32
Requisition ID: REQ321196
Applications Close: 13 July 2022
Interview details: Scheduled within 21 days of closing
Where you’ll be working
At Southern NSW Local Health District we are working to help our communities lead healthy lives. Our mission is that all people across our diverse societies are able to have timely access to the right healthcare in the right setting to maximise their health, wellbeing and independence.
Yass Valley – bursting with wonderful experiences while having a proud connection to early rural Australia. A modern, thriving community with Canberra right on its door-step.
To see what it is like to live and work in Yass – click here: Imagine Rural – Southern NSW Local Health District
There is an abundance of lifestyle benefits available to you in country NSW and you will be amazed at what you will have access to – and it all comes without the queues and crowds of a big city. For more information visit our website
What you’ll be doing
The Allied Health Professional is an integral part of the multidisciplinary health care team, providing quality social work services to patients/ clients of the SNSW Local Health District in order to meet their health and wellbeing needs.
- Tertiary qualification as a Social Worker and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and organise own work / caseload across a regional area.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidence based practice relevant to clinical discipline.
- Current unrestricted drivers’ licence and the ability to maintain. Ability and willingness to drive/travel as the role requires. This may involve driving long distances.
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. We do not offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary visa. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specific Diseases
This is a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health policy directive PD2020_017. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
OASV requirements also include proof of vaccination against influenza and is compulsory for NSW Staff that enter any Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) or who work in NSW Health owned and operated RACFs
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Katharine Sinclair on 02 4827 3003 or email [email protected]