Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Social Worker Level 3
Remuneration: $102,500 – $105,932 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ325853
Applications Close: 27 July 2022
What you’ll be doing
Provide specialist Social Work service to patients, clients, consumers and their family/carers to ensure the provision of optimal health outcomes consistent with ISLHD policies, procedures, standards, relevant legislation, and the NSW Health Code of Conduct. This position provides the above Social Work and case management service to the consumers of CAYMHS/ ISLHD.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencement with NSW Health OR provide an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to securing this role. Please also provide proof of booster vaccination, if available.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
An eligibility list will be created for future Temporary and Permanent Full-Time and Part-Time positions.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Successful applicants to the role must provide certified documentation of vaccination history and pathology as part of their recruitment documentation. The applicant must be certified as compliant with https://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/Pages/doc.aspx?dn=PD2020_017 before employment can commence.
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ccyp.nsw.gov.au/Applicants/Application#
Your claim against the selection criteria is the most important part of your application as it will help determine whether or not you have met the standard of response required by the panel to be eligible for an interview. You should read the Position Description and then address the selection criteria for the role, giving examples where required. Applicants are encouraged to review the following information on Applying for a position within NSW Health at: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/guide/nswhealth/Pages/apply-for-position.aspx
- Social Work degree and eligibility for the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), including the ability to demonstrate a practical application of the AASW Code of Ethics.
- Extensive post graduate clinical experience in psychosocial assessment, care planning, systemic family therapy, family/parent psycho- education and behaviour management, appropriate to young people presenting with symptoms of mental illness. Therapies are able to be provided in context of family or in group modalities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert advice and education to enhance service delivery and to guide and support others in providing service excellence.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning.
- Demonstrated high level ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing, and proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team. Demonstrated competence in the use of electronic information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and manage stressful situations; ability to work unsupervised and apply advanced reasoning skills and independent professional judgement when dealing with situations of a novel or critical nature.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement activities and service evaluation processes with other staff and demonstrated capacity to provide clinical supervision.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence, with the ability to travel in accordance with position responsibilities.